Motorola G5 Plus - Google isn't responding error

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My wife is getting "Google isn't responding" error messages on her new G5 Plus. Has anyone else had this problem? Found a work-around?

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I get this all the time. I have had to resort to opening Chrome and entering Google.com in the search bar. That does work but it's a pain.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Never seen this, maybe because I did the "trick" to get Google Assistant to work shortly after I got my G5+.

Go to Settings - Apps and scroll down to Google (just the app named "Google") and tap on it, then tap Storage and Clear Data, then reboot. If in Settings-Apps-Google your device says "Manage Space" instead of Clear Data, tap that and there should be an option to Clear All Data, select it and confirm, then reboot the device. Google Assistant should show up shortly by long pressing the Home button to activate, it should be Google Assistant now and not Google Screen Search anymore.

Since I did this, I have had ZERO issues with Google search.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem sincerely day 1 when I bought it within 2 weeks of it being in stock at Best Buy. It resolved itself when the March update came rolling through. Previously I had done multiple resets and factory resets which including installing from cloud or app but app. Nothing worked until the March update.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
You can also download the Google Assistant app from the Play Store. It might help.
I set up a relative's G5 Plus 2 weeks ago without any problems I had some problem with the WiFi but that too cleared after I reset the network settings. I had downloaded the Assistant app from Play Store.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance