Moving from Pixel to G5 Plus

bujin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have been using the Pixel since it came out, mainly because I saw Assistant as very promising (and wanted to try Daydream). I came to the realization that, despite a decade of using flagships, that a midrange phone would likely meet my use case.

Short summery: love this phone. Functionally, it seems as zippy as my Pixel, and there's almost nothing I can't do on this phone that the Pixel could. (and I really loved the little Moto additions on my Moto X years ago, and they are just as fun on this).

Just thought I'd throw out my 2 cents, in case there are some who have flagship envy. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have been using the Pixel since it came out, mainly because I saw Assistant as very promising (and wanted to try Daydream). I came to the realization that, despite a decade of using flagships, that a midrange phone would likely meet my use case.

Short summery: love this phone. Functionally, it seems as zippy as my Pixel, and there's almost nothing I can't do on this phone that the Pixel could. (and I really loved the little Moto additions on my Moto X years ago, and they are just as fun on this).

Just thought I'd throw out my 2 cents, in case there are some who have flagship envy. :)

Moto g5 plus is a nice device. Outside of maybe the camera, you won't really notice a difference between the "mid range" devices and flagships anymore. (unless you're big into gaming)

Last edited:

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
For my son a Moto G5 Plus. No security or any updates since January. Lots of lag which I don't get on my Pixel XL. Worst part is the G5 Plus freezes when trying to use Google Assistant, pull up Google Now, etc. I have done a couple factory resets and run it on safe mode. Nothing seems to fix it. I searched many of forums and found a few similar posts including Android Central forums.
The battery is lasting well when he doesn't play games or You Tube a bunch. Lasts longer than my Pixel XL for sure

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae