Hi. I just bought a Moto G5 a couple of days ago.

Everything was fine at the beginning. Even the first night with it was perfectly fine.

After the second night, I tried to unlock it with my fingerprint and it worked... but the screen didn't respond. The phone vibrates to let me know it unlocked but I fail to get image.

I tried again and again but no luck. I had to reset the phone to make it work.

Anyone else having this issue?
    07-11-2017 09:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Nougat forum to the Moto G5 forum.

It could be some app you installed that's causing the instability. If it keeps happening, try booting into Safe Mode to see if it happens then. https://motorola-mobility-en-in.cust...eset/safe-mode
    07-11-2017 01:21 PM
    The only thing I did was install Slack and disable the Google app. I'm curious if that's what's causing the issue.
    07-11-2017 07:47 PM
    The only thing I did was install Slack and disable the Google app. I'm curious if that's what's causing the issue.
    Welcome to the forums. Did the Google app remain disabled after you restarted the phone? I wonder if the Moto G5 stock launcher (Launcher3) relies on some components included in the Google app.
    07-11-2017 08:06 PM
    I'm running Nova, but it didn't complain the first night.
    07-11-2017 08:08 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Did the Google app remain disabled after you restarted the phone? I wonder if the Moto G5 stock launcher (Launcher3) relies on some components included in the Google app.
    Turns out the cold weather is causing the screen to dim a lot or completely shut down. Can this be fixed or should I change the phone?
    07-12-2017 06:59 AM
    Turns out the cold weather is causing the screen to dim a lot or completely shut down. Can this be fixed or should I change the phone?
    How cold, way below 0°C? Phones are designed to work in cold weather, but there are some limits where they will start to fail.

Also, are you leaving the phone at night on a cold surface (metal, glass, ceramic ...)?
    07-12-2017 08:04 AM
    I'm leaving it on a desk next to an open window. It does get cold (the phone). But I don't know the exact temp. Maybe tomorrow at the coldest point of the night I'll check and let you know.
    07-12-2017 02:24 PM