New update

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Woohoo!!! Tell us what you think about the new version.

It took time to go through everything - I like the 3 finger screenshot and also screen not going to sleep when I hold it in front of my face. Had to look for some settings whose location have changed - e.g add app icon to homescreen (I always turn it off)
I like it mostly but I had to go into each app's notification setting to turn off vibration with notification - tried my patience.
I also did not like that they had removed the cache clearing part from storage settings. I have SD Maid installed (Pro version) and also Files Go and Solid Explorer.
It will be like using a different phone this week with a lot of changes.
This is the first time I got notification for a system update in the middle of the day, but then it is rolling out in batches in India - for all phones of the G5 series - some are getting it in the morning . some on a Sunday.
I hope it rolls out to all users and regions soon :)

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Well I had my g5plus fixed a few days ago and put it on charge today (going to be a back up phone) and apart from 32 apps needing to be updated it had a oreo 8.1 update pending (UK user by the way). it also had a security update form September as well.

so my older phone is going to have a slightly better spec than my newer moto g6plus. According to Lenovo that'll be getting android pie next year, 1st quater.

davidjahorne

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Since updating to Oreo there is a delay of about 5 seconds when I wake the phone, by swiping the screen, before the home page appears. During this time the screen is blank.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Here you go. With app shortcuts menu. :)

View attachment 287450

A Nokia 6.1 Plus in my family got the 9.0 update yesterday. The default launcher has changed from Launcher 3 to Quickstep Launcher which is actually the Pixel Launcher with At A Glance widget and searchbar in dock etc.
Sorry for posting a Nokia phone information here but just wanted to say this in relation to Pixel launcher.

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I had to clear the cache partition, Recovery Mode, to speed up my phone because it started to get sluggish after the 1st week of installing Android 8.1. So far, the phone's behaving OK.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It is a recommended practice to wipe the cache partition after a major update, especially when upgrading to a newer version of Android. This allies the system to start caching on the newer build and erase the cache from from the older version, which may cause some conflicts.

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
it seems there is no way to do a bulk erase of the cash. You must erase the cache on each individual app if you choose to do so. From what I read it is not an advisable idea

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
it seems there is no way to do a bulk erase of the cash. You must erase the cache on each individual app if you choose to do so. From what I read it is not an advisable idea

By what I have read, Oreo handles app cache in a different way to Nugget, the cache is automatically restricted and deleted when necessary in each app. I have been using Oreo for a while and the cache has not built up as much as it did before Oreo, and now seems to have settled to a level.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You can do complete cache wipe either from recovery or from the bootloader. Either are safe and will cause no problems. I did it on mine from recovery immediately after first boot from the upgrade.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc