Moto g5 Plus with Samsung s7...

digidara

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi y'all. I just bought a G5 Plus because my s7 Edge crapped out on me. I love the phone and all, but it's lacking in something's that I miss of the s7.
So here's my question, is there a way I can get the screenshot capability and the gallery app that my Samsung had onto my Moto?
I've tried looking for apps to suffice in the Google Play store but no avail. Help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Android Apps forum to the Moto G5 Plus forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

All Android phones can take screenshots. Press and hold Power and Vol Down together for about half a second. You have to make sure you press them exactly at the same time -- it can take a bit of practice to get used to it.

Unless Samsung made their proprietary apps available to other devices, you can't use them on a non-Samsung phone. What features in the Samsung Gallery app do you miss? There are probably some 3rd party gallery apps that can meet those needs.

digidara

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site
I know how to take screenshots
However, I prefer the way it was on the s7 because it allowed me to crop as well as draw before I saved the screenshot.
That's why I was wondering if I could somehow her the way the s7 screenshotted into the g5.

With the gallery, I just liked how it was set up on the Samsung. Ok the Moto there was only Google Photos which had limited ability on editing photos within the gallery.

dashauns

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I know how to take screenshots
However, I prefer the way it was on the s7 because it allowed me to crop as well as draw before I saved the screenshot.
That's why I was wondering if I could somehow her the way the s7 screenshotted into the g5.

With the gallery, I just liked how it was set up on the Samsung. Ok the Moto there was only Google Photos which had limited ability on editing photos within the gallery.

The function you are asking for was a function of the Samsung gallery app. You can crop resize and add filters to photos directly from the Google photos app by selecting the picture and hitting the pencil looking icon to edit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci