Moto rolling out possible G5 Plus fix for poor audio on Verizon (NPN25-137-43-5)

bennor3814

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
Per this link to the Lenovo support subforum...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/5-Plus-on-Verizon-very-poor-call-quality/m-p/3771443#M9484

08-15-2017 10:01 AM

Hello everyone, if you're using the phone on Verizon, can you got to Settings and check for an update. Let me know if there is one available. If so, please install it and let us know if it's better.

-Tom

Looks like one has to be on the Verizon network at the moment to get the update. I'm on a VZW MVNO and haven't gotten the update yet on my G5 Plus. Looks like its NPN25-137-43-5 per the Lenovo subforum thread link above. No word yet in that thread if it fixes the poor audio issue for we VZW users.

Edit to add: It appears the update is currently for the non Amazon ads version of the G5 Plus. That it is for "verizon users" only at the moment. And no word yet if the update contains any additional fixes (like low headset volume) or security patches beyond the VoLTE Verizon voice quality issue fix.

Last edited:

ericlf

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have an Amazon ad G5 plus on a Verizon MVNO. I received an update today that updates to the May 1 Android security patch. The Build Number is NPNS25-137-35-5. I am not certain if this is the same or a different build number from what came installed on the phone.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My G5 Plus I purchased from Best Buy shortly after it was out and I put it on my Verizon account. Update showed up yesterday and I just updated to March 2017 build NP25.137-43-5.

bennor3814

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
Another update from Lenovo. Will be disappointing news for some who will have to wait several more weeks (or longer) before getting the OTA update if one doesn't push the update file discussed elsewhere on another website.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/5-Plus-on-Verizon-very-poor-call-quality/m-p/3777525#M9883

08-21-2017 07:22 AM

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone who has gotten the update and has provided feedback. So it looks like we have some confusion and I'd like to provide some feedback. If you had your VZW SIM out of your phone and somehow got the Security patch in June (May security update) then sadly your device will have to wait for the next round of updates. We didn't push the May security update to devices that had an active VZW SIM installed. That being said you'll still get the update but it's likely going to be at least a couple weeks away (hopefully sooner). I know it's not the best scenario, but I wanted to at least give you guys some more information.

-Tom