I am getting my wife a G5 to replace her old (and little) G3. Does Moto offer any "migrate your data" programs/apps to move her data over to the new phone? I can't recall if she has NFC on the G3 (2015) or not which is the standard now I believe for transferring data?

TIA!
    09-12-2017 11:38 AM
    What kind of data are you looking to move? Contacts, mail, calendar, etc should all be backed up on the Google account. The device will ask if you want to restore the apps when logging in the first time.

The big challenge becomes the app data. See this AC article regarding the backup capability in Google Drive, if her G3 has the API level to support it: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-r...-android-phone
    09-12-2017 12:01 PM
    Yea, I guess looking for the easiest way. I honestly don't know what kind of backup her phone has because I hadn't looked at it. IIRC when I moved her to the G3 from my SIII, the apps all came over (until it ran out of space then I had to pick and choose). It's running Marshmallow, so all that should be baked in. Google Photos handles the pics and all the contacts are in Google so she should be good I guess.

WAF and all - need to make sure stuff isn't missing. LOL!
    09-12-2017 12:15 PM
    So her new phone arrived today. I started the set up at the end of my lunch hour, and sure enough there was an option to transfer her data from her old phone using wifi and bluetooth. Took less than 5 minutes. This is why I love Android so much.
    hallux likes this.
    09-18-2017 02:02 PM