How do I change the 4 icons/apps at the top of the apps page?

SnixDad

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
When I expand the apps window after pressing the 'Home' button, there are 4 icons displayed at the top of the page under the 'search' icon. The 4 apps are separated from the other installed apps with a horizontal line above and below them. These 4 apps are also found on the full page alphabetically. I never use 3 of these apps and want to replace then with apps I do use. But I can't seem to find what this section of the apps page is called or how to change them. When I press and hold, the icon is duplicated on the home page and I have to delete it from there.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Which phone do you have and which version of Android is it running?

Depending on your stock launcher this could be disabled in Google app - settings - app suggestions.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
My phone is a Moto G Plus (5th Generation) and the OS is Android 7.0 Amazon (amz) variant.
As far as I know the stock launcher included in that model doesn't include an option to remove the app suggestions on the app drawer. Your best option could be using a custom launcher, like Nova.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher which shows me my most recent used/ frequently used apps above the all apps in the app drawer.
In the stock launcher it is supposed to show you the last few apps you have used, from my experience.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher which shows me my most recent used/ frequently used apps above the all apps in the app drawer.
In the stock launcher it is supposed to show you the last few apps you have used, from my experience.

Yeah, the Moto Launcher shows a mix of recent/most used apps with some random Google app. It can't be personalized or removed. I use Nova launcher as well and keep this 'app suggestions' row always disabled.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, the Moto Launcher shows a mix of recent/most used apps with some random Google app. It can't be personalized or removed. I use Nova launcher as well and keep this 'app suggestions' row always disabled.

Yes, it can be turned off in Nova but not so in the stock launcher.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci