I received a notification for an update 2 days ago and chose to download only on wifi. The system says it is downloading but nothing is being downloaded over 2 days just sits at 0%.

Anyone else having the same problem?
    11-14-2017 06:31 PM
    That's weird. I would try a couple of things. See if there's an option in the download notification to stop it, maybe an 'X' on the right side. If so, tap on it and then 'resume'. Another option could be switching WiFi off and back on and see if the problem persists.
    11-14-2017 09:12 PM
    That's weird. I would try a couple of things. See if there's an option in the download notification to stop it, maybe an 'X' on the right side. If so, tap on it and then 'resume'. Another option could be switching WiFi off and back on and see if the problem persists.
    I have it set to download over WiFi only. If I shut off WiFi it stops showing it downloading 0% but when I put WiFi back on it says downloading 0%. I have let it run for 10 hours until it time out and said try again. I shut the phone off at night except when trying to download this update so it is fresh boot when I start in the morning.

In have tried everything I could think of except wrong cache which I don't know how to do on this phone and a factory reset which I would rather do after in download the update.
    11-15-2017 09:52 PM
    I have it set to download over WiFi only. If I shut off WiFi it stops showing it downloading 0% but when I put WiFi back on it says downloading 0%. I have let it run for 10 hours until it time out and said try again. I shut the phone off at night except when trying to download this update so it is fresh boot when I start in the morning.

In have tried everything I could think of except wrong cache which I don't know how to do on this phone and a factory reset which I would rather do after in download the update.
    Have you already tried the cache partition wipe with the steps linked in your other thread?
    11-16-2017 06:05 AM
    Have you already tried the cache partition wipe with the steps linked in your other thread?
    I have not yet. I saw the other thread and plan to follow the instructions this weekend and try to download the update again
    11-16-2017 09:22 PM
    I did do the wipe cache and no luck. Going to have to subject my son to a factory reset on his phone to get the update. I even tried allowing on WiFi and mobile data. Weird
    11-21-2017 10:45 AM
    I did do the wipe cache and no luck. Going to have to subject my son to a factory reset on his phone to get the update. I even tried allowing on WiFi and mobile data. Weird
    Strange. There's a couple of things to try before a factory reset. First clear data for the Download Manager in settings - apps - three dots top right - show system and then restart the phone. If still no go, reset app preferences in settings - apps three dots and restart again.
    11-21-2017 10:52 AM
    Strange. There's a couple of things to try before a factory reset. First clear data for the Download Manager in settings - apps - three dots top right - show system and then restart the phone. If still no go, reset app preferences in settings - apps three dots and restart again.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up having to do a factory reset and before I reinstalled all the apps it showed the update available. I tried a install from backup to try first and all the apps downloaded (thankfully not that many on the phone) in did a restart followed by a successful update to November 7th. Again I appreciate it.
    11-22-2017 02:48 AM