Battery unexpectedly crashed overnight

EddyKilowatt

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I've had the G5Plus for a few weeks now and have been pretty tickled with the battery life, a day easy and two if I push it. But last night the phone unexpectedly went from 50% to 0% in about six hours, whereas previously it would only loose 10-20% overnight.

Screenshot_20171121-054647.png

Before bed I was just surfing and reading mail, nothing new or unusual. I don't see that any of my apps are confessing that they suddenly used a big chunk of battery:

Screenshot_20171121-054729.png

So as an Android newbie, is there anywhere else to look in the system to figure out what might be going on? Is there a realtime power-draw diagnostic page anywhere? I'm hoping this sort of thing isn't par for the course since, among other things, my wakeup alarm didn't go off due to the dead battery.

EddyKilowatt

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I installed both system updates (May and August?) during the first week... is there another? Haven't seen any notifications about it.

The Play Store has been bugging me about updating some apps, but I have Auto-Update turned off. And I don't see any change in that list of updates today.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I installed both system updates (May and August?) during the first week... is there another? Haven't seen any notifications about it.

The Play Store has been bugging me about updating some apps, but I have Auto-Update turned off. And I don't see any change in that list of updates today.
I just did a November 5, 2017 update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty