Google Assistant from lock screen?

rlridgeway

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I seem to be unable to access Google Assistant (using voice) while the phone is on the lock screen. I get no response. I have the Amazon Prime exclusive Moto G5 plus.
Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any replies.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I don't think Assistant has permission to function if the screen is locked with a PIN, Pattern or Password. I think you need some sort of Trusted Device, Trusted Location, Trusted Voice, etc setup so the screen will unlock first...then Assistant can activate. I could be wrong, but I think that's the current security rules built into Android.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be unable to access Google Assistant (using voice) while the phone is on the lock screen. I get no response. I have the Amazon Prime exclusive Moto G5 plus.
Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any replies.
You have to go into the Google settings. When I set up my phone after a factory reset it shows the option to use "ok Google" on the lock screen. I chose no thank you due to most people can say it and my phone would unlock. I will look into the settings on Google Assistant swipe right and chose settings.

bodotdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been using an assistant-like app called Robin, which I've set up to read texts while I'm driving. I'm still trying to figure out how to SEND texts with the app, but Robin will read texts even when the screen goes to sleep.