I have modified device and facing too many problems. I want to make it official. so, what can i do ?
    Please anyone help me ?
    12-23-2017 09:17 AM
    I have modified device and facing too many problems. I want to make it official. so, what can i do ?
    Please anyone help me ?
    This depends entirely on your version currently installed... In order to return to an official state, three things must occur.

1) You must flash an official image that is the same or newer version than what you have installed
    2) You must (re)lock the bootloader, which requires #1 to occur
    3) You must accept an OTA update and allow to apply properly (only way to change status "Modified" to "Official" after relocking the bootloader)

Be aware that Moto does NOT release or support any factory firmware images, the only ones we have have been leaked out and we do not have the latest versions for any variant, and some variants have newer version (1 or 2 versions old) and some are much older (Marshmallow versions). This means #1 is difficult to do. Item #2 is simple, if you can accomplish #1 .

At this point, you would be back to as pure stock as is possible, although the software status would show "Modified" or unofficial, there should be no errors or issues with software or other services. Getting the status of "Official" does require accepting an OTA from this state.

Remember that you can NEVER completely hide the fact the device has been modified. Your bootloader status can never be set back to 0 (LOCKED), but only to 2 (RE-LOCKED). Warranty can never be reinstated, once the unlock code has been issued by Moto, regardless of whether it is used or not, the warranty is void. Even if the bootloader has been relocked, the Bootloader Unlocked warning screen will still be displayed on every startup (this can be masked with a custom logo.img, but any subsequent update with clear it again).

The real question here should be what problems are you having, what have you done, and can these issue be corrected? Lots of users unlock and modify their G5+ devices successfully, so there is likely assistance out there. I would recommend visiting XDA's Moto G5 Plus forum for more information on modified devices and correcting issues.
    Javier P likes this.
    12-26-2017 01:48 PM