Alt_autocycle

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
There is an empty folder with name alt_autocycle in the internal storage of my phone.
Is it a system folder ?
Thanks !

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Gotta say yes... It's creation date is the same as other folders like Ringtones and Podcasts, which are created for the user by the system.

It's been seen in Moto devices for several years now, since about G 2015 and X Pure/Style, and if you remove it, it just comes back next boot.

It's not malware or a virus, nor is it from a failed rooting attempt as Google may try to tell you... We don't know what it's for exactly, possibly something used in updates but we don't know for sure.

Just leave it alone... It's fine.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Gotta say yes... It's creation date is the same as other folders like Ringtones and Podcasts, which are created for the user by the system.

It's been seen in Moto devices for several years now, since about G 2015 and X Pure/Style, and if you remove it, it just comes back next boot.

It's not malware or a virus, nor is it from a failed rooting attempt as Google may try to tell you... We don't know what it's for exactly, possibly something used in updates but we don't know for sure.

Just leave it alone... It's fine.

Thank you for your reply.
I thought so too but wanted to be sure .
I have never attempted to root my phone so I knew it wasn't due to a failed root attempt . I couldn't find much information about it with a search on the internet. I had deleted it a few times only to have it come back again after a reboot and was a bit worried whether it is a malware .

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Same here on a G5S+, it definitely seems a system folder (resource). Empty in my case.

694b2ce6e1ef9806730cc3678ba6227d.jpg