I reset my phone 5 days ago. I had a weird pop up ads showing up in all my apps and even on my homescreen. It worked well for the past 5 days. I send a message this am, I got a response. I tried to send another one and I get sim1 error 28. I have reset my phone, and next i tried to place it in safe mode. Both times I tried to send sms and same error message. I am not sure how to fix this. Please help me
    07-03-2018 09:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Ask your carrier about this and see if a replacement SIM is worth trying.
    07-03-2018 02:08 PM
    There are no real "settings" regarding SMS such as APN configuration (which effects MMS, data, etc), it is a basic function of your service. You can try to clear data on your messaging app (it won't delete your actual messages) and try again, but this really sounds like a bad SIM or other carrier issue.
    07-06-2018 11:12 AM
    There is one other possibility -- sometimes, the SMS Messaging Center number is set incorrectly. I'm not sure if there's a way to look for it on the G5, but check out this thread: https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...nter-on-moto-g
    07-06-2018 01:30 PM