My Moto G5 plus updated to Oreo 8.1 yesterday and since then YouTube doesn't even load the feed, Quora doesn't load the feed. They just keep showing the spinning wheel.

Tried Restarting the device a few times, clearing app cache, app data. Logout and re-Login from the app, but nothing works.

Please suggest any other method, except Factory reset. The phone has 15 GB of photos and videos that I don't want to manually backup and restore.

If there is a way to uninstall this 8.1 update, please share a thread.
    11-19-2018 07:33 PM
    try deleting the app and reinstalling
    by the way you Know this a pixel 3xl/3 thread 😉
    11-19-2018 08:44 PM
    You could reinstall the OS and remove the -w so your data isn't wiped.

Also, on a side note, did you buy your G5 at full price or was it discounted?
    11-19-2018 08:49 PM
    My Moto G5 plus updated to Oreo 8.1 yesterday and since then YouTube doesn't even load the feed, Quora doesn't load the feed. They just keep showing the spinning wheel.

Tried Restarting the device a few times, clearing app cache, app data. Logout and re-Login from the app, but nothing works.

Please suggest any other method, except Factory reset. The phone has 15 GB of photos and videos that I don't want to manually backup and restore.

If there is a way to uninstall this 8.1 update, please share a thread.
    Welcome to the forums. You could try a couple more things.

- Wipe the cache partition from Recovery.

- Boot in safe mode and see if preinstalled apps like YouTube still have the same problem.

- If you are using an SD card, unmount it and see if there's any difference. If you formatted the card as adoptable/internal storage then you need to revert it back first.

I'll move your thread to the Moto G5 plus forum.
    11-20-2018 08:28 AM
    From my experience, after a major system update, you really need to do a cache partition wipe. This will allow the system to rebuild the cache with the newer version and avoid conflicts between build versions.
    11-21-2018 12:44 AM
    Strangely enough google storage is 15 gigs, you might want to think about that if a reset is going to happen.
    11-21-2018 01:14 AM
    Thanks for all the responses. Over the last few days, I've observed other apps to be having the same issue. It looks like the Wifi connectivity has some issues after the Oreo Update. All other devices in my home are working fine (TV, my Moto Z Play, Lenovo Thinkpad laptop); but this Moto G5 plus with the oreo update is not able to load Instagram Feed, Quora Feed, YouTube Feed, Whatsapp Messages etc. Even the notifications are hard to refresh.
    11-26-2018 12:22 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. Over the last few days, I've observed other apps to be having the same issue. It looks like the Wifi connectivity has some issues after the Oreo Update. All other devices in my home are working fine (TV, my Moto Z Play, Lenovo Thinkpad laptop); but this Moto G5 plus with the oreo update is not able to load Instagram Feed, Quora Feed, YouTube Feed, Whatsapp Messages etc. Even the notifications are hard to refresh.
    Have you already tried the possible fixes posted on this thread? Most of them won't delete any personal information saved in your phone.
    11-26-2018 01:35 PM