I have a circumstance where I was able to connect to my Motorola G5 using Airdroid, at any time. The phone was always remote from me and running on battery. I would run the phone on battery like this, and connect to it to turn the power on using an app to switch it on, which would then charge the phone. When charged I would then turn the power off again. I can't leave the power on, because other connected devices use too much power at my remote location, and I can't switch those off separately. I would charge it every three days, approximately, and it worked well for over a year.

Recently, after attending the phone, I decided to update the OS, and have now ended up with Android 8.1.0, but I think I should have left well alone.

Having done so, it would now seem that I can no longer connect to the phone, at will, when running on battery, if it has been idle for a considerable period, say for example one day. I haven't narrowed down exactly how long it takes yet, but one day seems to be enough to cause me not to be able to connect. As a result I've had to bring it home to test.

From the beginning I had, "Always keep mobile data on" in developer options, but I think that relates more to WiFi switching. Either way, I did that anyway.

Has there been a change in the behaviour, for Android 8, and is what I'm seeing an example of this change? If so, can I alter a setting to prevent mobile data from snoozing, or dozing, as I think it might be called?

Most apps are disabled and of those few that aren't, I have changed none. All I did was to update the OS, and now, after a day or so, I can no longer connect to the phone, and I strongly suspect some advanced power management setting, but I don't know which.

Does anyone know what I should change?

Thanks in advance.

Sutty
    01-05-2019 04:37 PM