Moto G5S leak shows off all-metallic chassis and three color options, which color are you interested

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Got one! :) Fast, smooth and pretty good in the hand. I'll use it for a few days and tell you how it goes. So far so good. Nice phone.

Oh, bought the Platinum model.

Last edited:

anon(9801888)

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Got one! :) Fast, smooth and pretty good in the hand. I'll use it for a few days and tell you how it goes. So far so good. Nice phone.

Oh, bought the Platinum model.
Nice. 5.2" or Plus?
Any sign of a compass / magnetometer sensor thing?

G5S is now on sale on the Motorola UK site @ £219 with 3 months Deezer

G5S Plus is still pending.

Afaik these are not currently heading to the US, Javier is south of the equator.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nice. 5.2" or Plus?
Any sign of a compass / magnetometer sensor thing?

G5S is now on sale on the Motorola UK site @ £219 with 3 months Deezer

G5S Plus is still pending.

Afaik these are not currently heading to the US, Javier is south of the equator.

5.5" Plus. It comes with gyro and accelerometer. Here in Brazil they sell the G5S+ with 3/32gb, no sign of 4/64 in the near future.

Performance and battery life are pretty good.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Ashame these aren't coming to the US as I would not mind that plus model but after all if they did come to the US Motorola would only be competing with their own self as the 5.2 g5 currently has a 625 processor so the only change just about would be the 5.5 inch screen. I can see why they didn't release in the US now after seeing the specs.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ashame these aren't coming to the US as I would not mind that plus model but after all if they did come to the US Motorola would only be competing with their own self as the 5.2 g5 currently has a 625 processor so the only change just about would be the 5.5 inch screen. I can see why they didn't release in the US now after seeing the specs.
All leaks say that both S models will be released in the US this fall, we'll see. The 'old' 5.2" model is the G5+ (my wife got one), excellent cheap phone. The main differences in the G5S+ are screen size, dual camera and better finishing (all metal).