The latest Moto G model will be available in the U.S. at the end of September. With that price it could be the best mid-ranger right now. What do you think? I bought mine a few weeks ago and it's an excellent phone.

Moto G5S Plus coming to the U.S. Sept. 29 for $230 https://www.androidcentral.com/moto-...us-sept-29-230
    faizmir121 likes this.
    09-22-2017 05:06 PM
    I ordered a G5S Plus yesterday to replace my Moto X PE that will never be updated, has a December 2016 security patch, is running slow and apparently the fast charge has failed because it takes forever to charge now.

I said I'd never buy a Motorola again after that but I had to face the fact that the G5S Plus is the best mid-ranger around and better than my Moto X PE, which was a flagship only a couple of years ago when I bought it.

Also, I'm totally hooked on the notice screen or whatever Motorola calls it, I wave my hand over the screen and can see the email, text or notifications. That has become an essential feature I can't live without on a phone.

I ordered the 64GB/4GB RAM edition of the G5S Plus. There was a $50.00 discount and then as I was waffling and about to leave the page after putting it in the shopping cart, a 5% off coupon popped up so I grabbed that and then bought the phone. Total was $284.99 plus state tax. Since I don't like to pay more than 300 bucks for a phone, I guess I'm OK.
    faizmir121 likes this.
    09-23-2017 06:36 AM
    Hi do you remember the discount code? It came up for me earlier but not now when I'm ready to order.
    09-23-2017 04:03 PM
    10-10-2017 08:28 PM
    Oh well, AC doesn't like those links. Check out Motorola page for the deal.
    10-10-2017 08:30 PM
    Just grabbed mine today from Best Buy. Wasn't on display yet, but they had full stock on hand. So far really impressed. Reminds me of OnePlus 5 a bit. Only thing I can't get around is the camera lag. .. that's really bad.. how'd that pass QA? Hopefully it gets fixed in future.
    10-10-2017 11:44 PM
    Just grabbed mine today from Best Buy. Wasn't on display yet, but they had full stock on hand. So far really impressed. Reminds me of OnePlus 5 a bit. Only thing I can't get around is the camera lag. .. that's really bad.. how'd that pass QA? Hopefully it gets fixed in future.
    They pushed two updates for the camera app and one for the camera tuner since I bought it. It made the camera a bit better and the depth processing a lot faster. See if this makes a difference.
    10-11-2017 10:17 AM
    I've gone through all available updates - honestly this may be one of the worst cameras I have used in years on a phone... I swear the original Moto G was better off...
    10-11-2017 06:31 PM
    I've gone through all available updates - honestly this may be one of the worst cameras I have used in years on a phone... I swear the original Moto G was better off...
    That's strange. It's not the best camera, that's for sure, but it can still take pretty good pictures. I had the original Moto G as well, which I love, and I think that's a bit exaggerated.

Take a look here, and this is after the forums compression.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=835673
    10-11-2017 07:31 PM
    So, I just got a wave of updates come through via the play store. (Previously were not showing up.)

Has improved camera quality significantly, but looking forward to further improvement.

I went to a concert last night and had to bring my old phone to get some decent photos. Too bad these updates didn't hit my phone until today. :-/
    10-13-2017 04:24 PM