I am using Motorola G5s Plus, with Android 7.1.1 (Nougat version). When I try to share a contact it goes as an MMS or a VC card which many a times incompatible with receivers mobile and so causes problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj
    10-23-2017 06:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! My understanding is that contacts cards have to be sent as MMS. If you want to send as SMS, you can try a 3rd party app like Share Contacts.
    10-23-2017 08:36 PM
    I am using Motorola G5s Plus, with Android 7.1.1 (Nougat version). When I try to share a contact it goes as an MMS or a VC card which many a times incompatible with receivers mobile and so causes problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj
    Might be better off manually typing or cutting and pasting it. SMS is supposed to be text only.
    10-23-2017 08:42 PM
    Might be better off manually typing or cutting and pasting it. SMS is supposed to be text only.
    This is the best way to share a contact phone number if you want to use SMS. Open the Contacts app - tap on the avatar to select one - long press the phone number and 'copy to clipboard'. Go to the Messages app - open new message or select an existent thread - long press on the text window and 'Paste'.

Other possibilities are using MMS or apps like WhatsApp, Hangouts, etc.
    10-23-2017 08:52 PM
    on my s5 if i go into my stock messaging app i press the attach file icon, i then select contacts, then find the contact i want to send, when selected it asks me if i want to send as text or v card
    10-25-2017 07:28 PM
    on my s5 if i go into my stock messaging app i press the attach file icon, i then select contacts, then find the contact i want to send, when selected it asks me if i want to send as text or v card
    But I believe that will get sent as MMS, correct? The OP wants to know if the info can be sent as SMS.
    10-26-2017 02:20 AM
    But I believe that will get sent as MMS, correct? The OP wants to know if the info can be sent as SMS.
    Nope. Samsungs have the feature to actually send the contact as an sms message. Choosing contact>share>text on a Samsung creates an SMS that contains only the full name and primary contact numbers.

It may be a Samsung feature and not a default feature of Android.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-26-2017 02:40 AM
    Ah, I stand corrected -- thanks @chanchan05 and @A Bochur!
    10-26-2017 02:48 AM