I have repeatedly gone through all the steps to assign a unique ringtone to a contact.
    I get to the list of ringtones and select the one I want, choose OK, then tap the check mark to save it.
    When I get a call from the number my default ringtone sounds.

What to do next?

Thanks,
    -Mike
    11-11-2017 03:01 PM
    Which app are you using to change the ringtone? The stock Media Storage, a file explorer or any specific app like Zedge? Is that a ringtone that came with the phone or one that you downloaded?
    11-11-2017 05:29 PM
    Which app are you using to change the ringtone? The stock Media Storage, a file explorer or any specific app like Zedge? Is that a ringtone that came with the phone or one that you downloaded?
    I am using the stock dialer which came pre installed on the Moto G5S Plus.
    When I change the ringtone I open Contacts, choose the contact, choose Edit, choose Set Ringtone, select the ringtone, choose OK, then tap the check mark to save.

When my number is dialed from the set ringtone contact' s phone it still uses the default ringtone on my phone.
    Convoluted...

Thanks,
    -Mike
    11-13-2017 08:06 AM
    That's weird. I've used that same method on different Moto devices and never had a problem, even when using ringtones that I downloaded.

Just a question, when you select a ringtone from the list, do you get it to play before confirming 'OK'.

Moto G5S Plus - Ringtone will NOT change when assigned to contact-img_20171113_131544.jpg
    11-13-2017 11:19 AM
    That's weird. I've used that same method on different Moto devices and never had a problem, even when using ringtones that I downloaded.

Just a question, when you select a ringtone from the list, do you get it to play before confirming 'OK'.
    Yes. It will preplay any ring selected.
    When it does I choose "OK".

If I close Contacts then reopen the contact the RT I selected previously is shown as being selected.

I selected another RT which came with the phone. It will not work either.
    It is weird.
    ~Mike
    11-13-2017 01:01 PM
    Yeah, definitely weird. Not sure what else to suggest. Just to be sure, these are calls that you are receiving through the stock dialer/phone app, right?
    11-13-2017 03:30 PM
    Yeah, definitely weird. Not sure what else to suggest. Just to be sure, these are calls that you are receiving through the stock dialer/phone app, right?
    Yes, that is correct.
    I think I am going to try the Moto G5 / Moto G5 Plus - Lenovo Community forum.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    11-13-2017 03:57 PM
    Yes, that is correct.
    I think I am going to try the Moto G5 / Moto G5 Plus - Lenovo Community forum.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Tell us if you find any solution for your issue, it will be very helpful for other users with a similar problem.

I searched a bit and didn't find any report about this problem. Just in case, have you already tried setting a personal ringtone for a different contact? What about deleting the contact you're having problems and add it back again?
    Scott337 likes this.
    11-13-2017 05:44 PM
    Tell us if you find any solution for your issue, it will be very helpful for other users with a similar problem.
    Will do.
    I searched a bit and didn't find any report about this problem. Just in case, have you already tried setting a personal ringtone for a different contact? What about deleting the contact you're having problems and add it back again?
    I will try this and report back.
    -Mike
    11-13-2017 06:02 PM

SOLVED!
    This is embarrassing.
    I had two entries for the same number.
    When I deleted one of them there was no problem in assigning a custom ringtone.

Thanks to all for the help.
    WV-Mike
    Scott337 and Javier P like this.
    11-15-2017 09:32 AM
    No worries. Glad you managed to solve it!
    Scott337 likes this.
    11-15-2017 09:36 AM