I dropped my Moto G5s Plus in the toilet of a Porta Potty (don't ask!). Due to the sewage and sludge, the phone wasn't immersed but sat on top of the water. It had a case on it that partly protected it.

I did the bag of rice thing overnight and to my surprise, the phone mostly worked. The only problem was a tiny, humming speaker, due either to water or perhaps a tiny speck of rice. I figured I could live with that or get it fixed.

However, after using the phone all day with no problems, I tried to recharge it. Despite using the manufacturer supplied Turbo charger for several hours, the phone hasn't gotten better than a 0 or 1% charge. I did successfully reboot the phone, but it immediately shut down due to lack of power.

Is there a way to reset the charging system of the phone to work again or is this phone likely lost?

Thx for any help offered.

If I have to replace this phone--which I love--I may have to get a water resistant model going forward.
    11-13-2017 02:37 PM
    I'm afraid the damage has already been done by the moisture. I don't think there's any way to fix it short of taking it apart and starting to replace components. Sorry!
    11-15-2017 12:26 AM
    Thx for your reply.

Any idea what it would cost via Motorola or elsewhere to fix this phone?

Or would I be better off putting the money toward a replacement?
    11-16-2017 07:07 AM
    Strangely, my Moto G5s Plus seems to have resurrected itself. However, on the Turbo charger, it took all night for the phone to go from an 11% to 85% charge. While on the Turbo charger, the phone cycles between the "charging" notice at the bottom of the screen and no notice. I don't know if that is typical for the Turbo Charger or not.

On a regular usb adapter, the phone charges without this problem though it is not nearly as quick as the Turbo Charger was before the phone was damaged.

I hope my phone will continue to work. We shall see.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-16-2017 07:25 PM
    Well at least the splash proofing saved it somewhat if not get a Moto X4.
    11-17-2017 04:09 AM