After update to Android oreo of my Moto g5s plus, it's been a nightmare. My battery is draining over night even when all the apps closed and screen is off. My wifi connectivity has been worse than anything. my internet speed is dropped too much, where in same network ( wifi and mobile) my friends phone working much faster. So can someone help to get back Android nougat.
    10-19-2018 08:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition, which can be helpful after a major update: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/m...recovery-mode/
    10-19-2018 10:44 PM
    This sounds exacly like my phone and I tried clearing the cache and no change. I also deleted the Outlook App because I had read somewhere else that that was an issue. Still no change. Can anyone help me? I can't afford a new phone.
    10-25-2018 06:03 PM
    Ok, in that case, try booting into Safe Mode to see if the problem might stem from some app you installed: https://motorola-global-portal.custh.../30,6720,10165
    Rukbat and aspergerian like this.
    10-26-2018 02:52 AM
    Oreo (and then Pie as well) seems to be less of a battery drain than Nougat in almost all phones. The basic Linux/Android, the parts that the manufacturers don't change, seems to have gotten improved each time.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-26-2018 03:45 PM
    This sounds exacly like my phone and I tried clearing the cache and no change. I also deleted the Outlook App because I had read somewhere else that that was an issue. Still no change. Can anyone help me? I can't afford a new phone.
    Welcome to the forums. I have the same phone and received the Oreo update more than a month ago. I haven't experienced any of those problems and haven't seen any similar reports here or on other forums about the G5S Plus that I follow.

As B. Diddy said, try safe mode and see if it makes any difference. Also, see which apps/processes show a high percentage in your battery stats. You could post here a couple of screenshots with those stats and will take a look.

I'll move your thread to the G5S Plus forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-26-2018 04:05 PM
    This happened on my g5plus and the wife's g5 after the Oreo update. We firstly uninstalled all the apps We're not using and then did the cashe clear thing. At first the battery info only went up a few hours which was better than the 3hrs from max charge we were having. But then after a day or so they seem to have gone back to their normal selves.

If you take a look at the Levono help pages there's several threads about this. I think Leveno are going with a complete phoned reset as an official fix for the time being.
    11-14-2018 04:31 AM
    This happened on my g5plus and the wife's g5 after the Oreo update. We firstly uninstalled all the apps We're not using and then did the cashe clear thing. At first the battery info only went up a few hours which was better than the 3hrs from max charge we were having. But then after a day or so they seem to have gone back to their normal selves.

If you take a look at the Levono help pages there's several threads about this. I think Leveno are going with a complete phoned reset as an official fix for the time being.
    See in your battery stats which apps show a high usage percentage, take a screenshot of those battery stats and post it here. Better if you do this after the battery percentage is about 30-40%.

Just a tip, for that kind of long screenshots you can use the new scrolling feature included in Moto Actions.
    11-14-2018 09:51 AM
    I have an LG V20 and the same thing happen to my phone. Battery and when I use the 4G for surfing I get no connection or very slow (When it has full bars). Is it possible to go back to Nougat. I loved my phone when it was on Nougat.
    11-15-2018 11:43 AM
    I have an LG V20 and the same thing happen to my phone. Battery and when I use the 4G for surfing I get no connection or very slow (When it has full bars). Is it possible to go back to Nougat. I loved my phone when it was on Nougat.
    A factory reset helped mine what what a pita getting it set up again. The thing I notice is not better nor worse battery life but fast charge doesn't charge as fast. It takes almost double the time to charge my phone.
    aspergerian likes this.
    11-15-2018 01:49 PM