On my Moto G6 Play, I can clear the red counter for notifications but when I open the notifications tab everything shows as unread - even notifications I had previously deleted. I also cannot refresh that tab, it just cycles and cycles forever. I have to reboot the app to get new notifications.
    06-12-2019 12:43 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you say "notifications tab," I assume you mean the swipedown notification panel, correct? Are you saying that it doesn't let you swipe those notifications away? Or what happens if you tap one of those notifications -- does Facebook open to whatever that notification was about?
    06-12-2019 10:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you say "notifications tab," I assume you mean the swipedown notification panel, correct? Are you saying that it doesn't let you swipe those notifications away? Or what happens if you tap one of those notifications -- does Facebook open to whatever that notification was about?
    In the app it is not a swipe down panel. That's only in the desktop site. It theoretically lets me do whatever I want to, but the screen never refreshes (I get a spinning wheel forever), and when I close the app and reopen everything is still showing unread. Here's the kicker... Sometimes they will show read for a while and then the next time I open the app they are all back to unread.
    06-12-2019 11:01 PM
    Oh, I see -- you're talking about notifications within the app itself. Try going to Settings>Apps, select Facebook, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open it again and log back in. Does the problem persist?
    06-13-2019 03:09 AM
    It worked for about an hour and then they all reappeared. Also, the spinning wheel of death never went away for refreshing
    06-13-2019 04:35 PM
    It could be a problem with the latest Facebook update. The FB app is notorious for bugginess, although we usually see complaints related to Samsung devices, not Moto. Send feedback to the developer, and consider using the FB mobile website on the browser instead.
    06-13-2019 07:36 PM