Moto g6 Plus listed as both Motorola & Lenova.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Moto G6 plus are listed as both Motorola & Lenova. Is there a difference?

Falkirkbairn11

Jan 13, 2019
Visit site
I am aware that Lenovo owns Motorola Mobility but I was querying why the phones were being marketed on some sites as Motorola and Lenovo on others. I wondered if they were the same phones or not
I have since found out that when Lenovo bought Motorola Mobility, they didn't want to market Ihe Motorola name but keep the MOTO name. They then changed their mind and are .marketing the Motorola name again.The use of Motorola or Lenovo by websites is just a marketing preference. This info came from another forum by someone who seems to clued up on this

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am aware that Lenovo owns Motorola Mobility but I was querying why the phones were being marketed on some sites as Motorola and Lenovo on others. I wondered if they were the same phones or not
I have since found out that when Lenovo bought Motorola Mobility, they didn't want to market Ihe Motorola name but keep the MOTO name. They then changed their mind and are .marketing the Motorola name again.The use of Motorola or Lenovo by websites is just a marketing preference. This info came from another forum by someone who seems to clued up on this

Which sites?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When Lenovo is shown in a G6 Plus listing, I've only seen it in combination with Moto or Motorola (e.g., "Lenovo Moto G6 Plus"). That doesn't mean that's the official name -- it's just a mention of the company behind it. I've never seen it listed as "Lenovo G6 Plus" -- if you can show us a link, that'd be helpful.