G6 plus vs Nokia 7.1

spacemanZ10

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Can anyone help I'm considering either of these, both similar price sim free, I've heard some bad reports on the 7.1 but I like the iphone X look.
Or should I go iphone 7? I'm looking mid range.
Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a personal choice. Do you want to have almost full control of your phone? Then stay with Android. Do you want a phone you can just use, without making any changes to it? Then an iPhone may be better for you - not many choices to make.

As for a G6 vs, a Nokia 7.1, again, that's a personal choice, but the LG G6 has a much better processor and more RAM. (If you're talking about the Motorola G6, that's a very slow phone.)

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I have the G6 plus here in the UK. Its definitely no slouch on the speed, fast enough for browsing while on the works wi-fi, good storage expansion (think its upto 120gb) decent screen even if the colours are a little dark, decent sound but it also has dobly Atmos in bulit so that can really help. What you have to remember is 'for the money / price'. Moto dont sell tens of thousands phones that ain't no good but they do sell great middle range phones.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I would get the G6 Plus as well. If you decide for the Nokia I strongly recommend you to buy the 4/64 GB model. You will note a difference when multitasking and 32GB can get a bit tight specially on devices that include seamless updates/dual partitions.

spacemanZ10

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Thanks guys I may take a look at the LG as well? I'm not an apple fan, but have them as work phones they seem reliable. Seen good and bad reviews for the moto and Nokia. I'm coming from a bad sony experience! Cheers

spacemanZ10

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, ended up getting the G6 play, so far so good, a lot of phone for £135

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy your new phone and tell us how it goes. Have you already tried Moto one-button nav? There are some nice options to explore in the Moto app.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the G6 Plus and the Nokia device are both solid options. Nokia is close to stock Android so if you are looking for a "purer" Android experience, that would be a good bet. LG has a skin/software that some users dislike (I had a G3 and loved LG's Skin, personally); but as users above me have stated, it's all about preference!

Let us know what you decide!

Edit: I see that you got The Moto G6 Play, that's awesome! The G6 line is phenomenal bang for your buck. Glad you are enjoying it!

spacemanZ10

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Thanks everyone so far so good, yes some good options in the moto app like shaking for torch and twist for camera!

spacemanZ10

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
One query I can't get some apps. In settings it shows calculator and opens it, but I can't drag a short cut to home screen or find an app folder. I tried playstore but that doesn't show the installed calculator, how do I get the app on my screen? And other similar ones.
Thanks

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
One query I can't get some apps. In settings it shows calculator and opens it, but I can't drag a short cut to home screen or find an app folder. I tried playstore but that doesn't show the installed calculator, how do I get the app on my screen? And other similar ones.
Thanks

Hum. I have a plain G6 lol. I just touch and hold and drag them where I want them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek