G6: protective case recommendation?

sampoodle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a G6 online.

I am not familiar with this phone construction.
What should be a decent case for it - not being a road warrior or heavy user, so I do not need armored plate!

I read about the back being fragile. Other areas prone to damage, possibly around screen perimeter?

brandon05w

Dec 30, 2018
Visit site
I bought a Unicorn Beetle and really like it! I wanted an Otterbox but figured they didn't make one for the G6 and the Unicorn Beetle was the closest thing I could find.

Trevin K

Dec 6, 2018
Visit site
I've been using the Speck Presidio Grip for a week or two now, bit bulkier than I'd like, but the protection is solid and it's definitely not as bad as it could be. Previous choice was the Spigen Tough Armor, which also looks pretty good.

RJ Oakley

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
I am considering buying the G6 sometime this summer or possibly after the G7 is released about April, will look at that one as well but cases for the G6 don’t seem as common on Amazon as they do for the G6 play for some reason. The G6 play has otter boxes available for it I can’t seem to find anything for the G6. For example the G6 play has a nice ocean way coloured OtterBox commuter but I don’t see that option for the G6 on Amazon.

Just curious why they would make more protective cases for the cheaper play version of this phone. Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Currently running an Otterbox commuter on my iPhone 7 and it’s been great. I’m not a big fan of black cases I want some color.

Mr Smitzy

Jan 16, 2019
Visit site
Getting a case is a good idea. I'd suggest something in simple rubberised plastic is you are not too concerned with the aesthetics of the phone after the cover. It won't have a long life but should be cheaper, even if you consider replacing it every 8-9 months or so. Vendor to check out for these: Casetify or your local mobile shop.

I would not advice going with the PU leather as those are highly unreliable with regular usage. Even with great quality stitching, the outer layer can easily come off in about 7-8 months. It's just better to spend a little more and go for actual leather in that case. You won't find many vendors offering leather cases for Motorola Phones. I saw some on Noreve, but not sure if they carry case for the G6. Please feel free to check.

Also, don't do the thing where people go with the dimensions of the phone and get the case. It does not work out in majority of the cases. You may very well end up with incorrect placements for the buttons, wrong camera/fingerprint/earphone slots. It's better to look for 10 more minutes and find a reputable vendor that provides quality goods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34