Uk user here with an unlocked power. Im on a BT sim that uses the EE network. Phones great but I was wondering what the volte icon on my notification bar is and do I need it. If I don't need it how do I get rid of it or shrink the icon.

I've done a webb search but have confused myself and am none the wiser.
    04-19-2019 02:40 PM
    VoLTE is how EE is doing voice now. The icon just lets you know that the tower you're connected to has been updated to VoLTE. It's probably going to stay there for many years (like the 4GLTE icon did). Some phones don't show the KTE part, others do, and on voice, some phones just show the connection with no characters. (And I don't think you can get rid of it without some additional apps - maybe Xposed, if that's still being supported.)
    04-19-2019 03:09 PM
    VoLTE means Voice over LTE (i.e., the voice signal goes over the 4G LTE band, not the old 2G band. Phones need to be on VoLTE in order to have simultaneous voice and data (i.e., the ability to browse the web while on a call).
    04-19-2019 03:31 PM
    Cheers guys for the speedy replies. Mate of mine who's really into his tech has just told me I can turn it off under the preferred net work type setting, but it then just goes back to 3g or 2g where I am (out in the sticks of a shire) He also recommend I leave it on so have done. Must say the call quality is really different / clear especially via my Bluetooth hands free in the car Thanks for explaining it simply to me I appreciate it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-19-2019 03:50 PM