what the what. Dead as a door nail

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Well it said 85% in the battery so I left it off charge over night. Next morning nothing so plugged it in for 15 mins still nothing. So took to work with original charger. On charge for around 2 hours without touching it. Still dead as a door nail. Tried the volume down and power button to boot but nothing. No LED when on the charger, nothing, nowt, nada, dead as the proverbial door nail. Three months old and the 1st time with any phone this has happened. Long story short back to the store for a repair under the warranty. Should be 2 to 4 weeks. In the mean time I've bought the Nokia 7.1 seems a great little (emphasis on little with my big hands) but its still runs 8.1. so hard times for the time being.

Anyone else have start up issues? It was working perfectly with absolutely no issues at all.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's called "infant mortality" in the trade. Parts failing when they're young. That's why electronics used to be baked and burned in for 24 hours before shipping. There are too many phones being produced to do that, and the failure rate is too small to warant it these days. (I know - if you're the only one who gets hit by it, the rate doesn't matter to you, but it's cheaper for them to replace the motherboard [Or replace the phone with a refurb] than to set up an entire burn in facility.)

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Cheers for the replies. I've gotten feeling it was something like that. I'm also thinking its going to be a replacement phone. I've searched the web and have yet to find anything even remotely similar to my problem.

Down side is the little Nokia is starting to grow on me.....gulp.

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Its nearly ready to pick up. Had an email yesterday saying its ready to pick up in 48 hrs....... excluding weekends (Saturday here in the uk) so should be good to pick up on Tuesday. No answer to what was wrong.

Cant come soon enough really, while the Nokia has a great screen and dose everything I need its call quality is woeful and notifications are either really loud or really quiet. Been on a few forums and these seem to be common issues on the 7.1

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
well my phone came back....not fixed. Carphone. warehouse said it needed to go back to the manufacturer. So after a rather polite and straight to the point phone call, I decided to just buy a new 7G power. With postage costs and an unlock fee, and possible fees for none warranty damage it was just not worth the bother.

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
The new phone is the international 2 sim version and seems faster, also the battery lasts longer. The older one lasted around 2 days with heavy use but this international version gets through to 3 days. The blue tooth seems way faster too, connects to my (old style) pebble watch and amazfit Cor2 band in mere seconds.

thanks for asking.