One button nav yay or nay

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree, I like Moto's rendition of the gesture controls better than Android 10. There were issues with the gestures on Android 10 if you had a bulkier case. The Moto version doesn't interfere with that.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I ended up reverting to the 3 button nav. I tend to use my phone in landscape a bit and the Moto gestures we're a bit awkward. Going from left for back to down. And rather than swiping up for multitasking you swipe left (assuming you're holding he phone with the nav bar in your right hand)

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I ended up reverting to the 3 button nav. I tend to use my phone in landscape a bit and the Moto gestures we're a bit awkward. Going from left for back to down. And rather than swiping up for multitasking you swipe left (assuming you're holding he phone with the nav bar in your right hand)
Funny thing is, when I first got an Android device back in the HTC Hero days I used to use my phone in landscape mode because it wasn't big enough to type comfortably in portrait. Now, I never use my phone in landscape model unless I'm watching a video.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been watching a lot more YouTube and Netflix on my phone as of late. So my phone is in landscape more often and the gestures, while more intuitive than stock Android, don't account for landscape use.

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Tried it for a week, didn't like it. Went back to classic buttons. I'm an old fart though so set in my ways. Lol