I have a working PIN to open my screen and I want to add a fingerprint to also open my screen.

I can get to the point where it says "Find the sensor" (which of course I know is on the Moto's rear just blow the camera), but the fingerprint process will go no farther. It just keeps repeating "Find the sensor" I tried the following with no luck:

1. Power reset
    2. Removed my fingerprint (which once worked but no longer does).
    3. At one point (I don't remember the 'path') the process went normally beyond the Find the sensor and tried to scan my fingerprint, but then it said sensor is dirty. I tried many ways to clean it, but that didn't work. So now, I can't get past the "Find the sensor" repeating over and over and over .......

HELP !!! Very frustrating.
    11-22-2019 05:08 PM
    By "Power reset," do you mean a simple reboot, or a factory reset? See if you can do it in Safe Mode: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS136756

BTW, on the desktop forum site, it's tricky to view your post and be able to reply. The problem is that when a thread title ends in the word "print" (your original title was "Can't enable finger-print"), the forum software converts the post to some weird printable format where no one can reply. I edited your thread title, but the forum software kept insisting on the strange layout. I had to delete the word "print" from the URL to be able to reply.
    11-23-2019 12:27 AM
    I had that on a Pixel 2 (and drove a few people at Google crazy trying to fix it - it got to the point that I jokingly [I had gotten to know them that well by then] asked if they could send me a replacement finger). When the weather gets cold, and you're heating the air, you're drying it out. Some people (I'm 77, so I'm one of them - it's most common in older people) find that their fingertips kind of "wrinkle" a little in very dry air. My "solution" was to put about 75°F (24°C) water in a glass, soak my finger in it for about 3-5 minutes (to hydrate it - you absorb water through your skin), then dry my finger and ... it worked. It was a real pain, so I used the PIN until the weather warmed up a bit and my finger "was fixed".

It's just common to that particular kind of fingerprint sensor. (Google and Motorola may be buying them from the same vendor - who knows?)
    11-23-2019 04:56 PM
    It was a simple reboot by holding down the power key and nothing else.

I tried 'safe mode' and got the same result so it's not some app causing the problem The actual fingerprint scan never appears. The FP setup always stalls at "Find the Sensor" .... the FP scan never happens. It worked OK for a few weeks before failing. My Moto G7 Power is only about 3-weeks old. Early symptoms were occasional failures to recognize my FP. This began to happen more often and finally completely stopped working ..... even the FP setup.

This appears to be a software problem somewhere because the FP setup never even tries to scan now.
    11-23-2019 05:48 PM
    It was a simple reboot by holding down the power key and nothing else.

I tried 'safe mode' and got the same result so it's not some app causing the problem The actual fingerprint scan never appears. The FP setup always stalls at "Find the Sensor" .... the FP scan never happens. It worked OK for a few weeks before failing. My Moto G7 Power is only about 3-weeks old. Early symptoms were occasional failures to recognize my FP. This began to happen more often and finally completely stopped working ..... even the FP setup.

This appears to be a software problem somewhere because the FP setup never even tries to scan now.
    Try factory reset if that don't work you'll either have warranty to fix it or have to get it repaired
    11-23-2019 10:50 PM