Relabeling a widget

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm setting up my G7 this weekend and thought I would use the stock launcher for awhile since I've always used Nova Launcher. I'm using the widget for direct calling a contact, but the name of the contact is long and similar to others. With Nova I could rename the widget on the desktop, but I can't seem to do that with the stock launcher. Is there a way to do this with the stock launcher?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that's possible with the stock launcher unless you use a shortcut creator app for that widget. I'm not sure which one works with Pie though.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh wait, see if this works. Edit the contact name the way you want it to show in the widget, create the widget, edit the contact name back to the original and the widget should work and with the label you want.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried that and it didn't work. Thanks for the help. For some reason the AC app wouldn't let me post my reply so I had to wait until I got to my home computer.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I tried that and it didn't work. Thanks for the help. For some reason the AC app wouldn't let me post my reply so I had to wait until I got to my home computer.
I've seen a couple of similar reports about the AC app quick reply. You can try a couple of things.

- Tap any post, select 'Reply' (with our without quote) and a new screen should open where you can type and post your reply.

- Tap the quick reply window, start typing (it won't work), tap the text box again and now it should be fine.

- Use the Android Central Forums app, much better than the main app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34