Anyone experiencing similar speed/no signal issues with Moto G products on the T-Mobile network? I get horrible signal with 2 separate Motorola G7 unlocked phones I recently purchased. Formerly on AT&T with these phones, and I NEVER had an issue to cause me to even run a speed test. Since switching to T-Mobile we are getting no signal at all, or really slow speeds in suburban Detroit area that I cannot believe would have signal issues in 2019?!?! We went on a road trip and was BLOWN away that we couldn't even pull up a google map!!

I have had some success altering APN settings - which I LOST when tech support had me reset network settings. When I changed those, I would get signal in some areas while my wife's phone wouldn't with standard T-Mobile APN settings they suggested.

Even when I get signal, my upload speeds are DISMAL - rarely getting over 1mbps even when I get 30-40mbps down. It's normal to see it at .1 or .2mbps while I'm at home.

Am I crazy or anyone else having these issues? Can't seem to find much info out there.
    09-06-2019 03:52 PM
    If you happen to be in a Band 71 TMobile area, the phone doesn't cover Band 71, so you're getting 4G from a tower that's a lot farther away, leading to weak or no signal.

(TMobile uses 2 different APNs, something even most of their tech support people aren't aware of - fast.t-mobile.com and TMUS. One works in some areas, the other works in other areas. [When I was using TMUS, which set automatically, I had no mobile data at all. With fast.t-mobile I get solid data throughout the county.])
    09-06-2019 04:21 PM
    I realized that this phone isn't compatible with Band 71 when I purchased it, but all the maps that I could find don't even show them using Band 71 in metro Detroit. It seemed to be more of a rural thing.

After I followed all the advice from support trying different APN settings, it never seemed to roam to AT&T towers - It does now since I reset the settings. rarely do I see it drop to 3G. I continue to find dead spots that I find hard to believe. I was in a major retail store in one of the busiest areas around here, and I couldn't get ANY signal inside the store, and barely could surf outside of the store when I got into the parking lot, even though it showed me on LTE with signal half way up the bars.

I guess I'm just in shock that my coverage is worse now with this setup than it was - say 10-15 years ago with AT&T, 3G, and older devices?!? I could understand slow speeds - but nothing at all? I'm so conflicted whether its the phone model, or the network? Everyone else here tells me how great T-mobile is. I know how great this phone was on AT&T's network.

Anyone have a up to date reliable Band 71 map?
    09-10-2019 02:02 PM
    did you try "fast.t-mobile.com"? b/c thats what i changed the APN to here in oakland and i get good service. before i was hardly getting signal in buildings. instead of a map call and ask t mobile about coverage upgrades in your area. Also there should bemaps on the web site..
    09-13-2019 12:47 PM
    Anyone experiencing similar speed/no signal issues with Moto G products on the T-Mobile network? I get horrible signal with 2 separate Motorola G7 unlocked phones I recently purchased. Formerly on AT&T with these phones, and I NEVER had an issue to cause me to even run a speed test. Since switching to T-Mobile we are getting no signal at all, or really slow speeds in suburban Detroit area that I cannot believe would have signal issues in 2019?!?! We went on a road trip and was BLOWN away that we couldn't even pull up a google map!!

I have had some success altering APN settings - which I LOST when tech support had me reset network settings. When I changed those, I would get signal in some areas while my wife's phone wouldn't with standard T-Mobile APN settings they suggested.

Even when I get signal, my upload speeds are DISMAL - rarely getting over 1mbps even when I get 30-40mbps down. It's normal to see it at .1 or .2mbps while I'm at home.

Am I crazy or anyone else having these issues? Can't seem to find much info out there.
    So i have a factory unlocked G7 Power and trying to use on TMobile with exact same issues. APN is set to "fast.t-mobile.com" as well..

I have a few other phones that have no issues. Even ATT unlocked ones without TMobile's band all works fine. For some reason the G7 Power has problems. Sometimes rebooting may get it to reconnect to cell tower but other times get nothing. Even when i was in Vegas a week ago, same issues and i have 2 phones that i carry. My other one has no issues, i went back to my LG V30+ with same sim card and it has no issues. Even ZTE Max pro works better as well. I wanted this phone for the battery life, i don't know if the TMobile version would work any better, i was told the factory unlocked one has all bands.

-D
    11-12-2019 08:03 AM