streaming video repeated buffering

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
repeatedly, my fios tv app is making with the buffer circle, never longer than an instant. is it me or is fios having a problem tonight?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone is playing all the video it's gotten so far, then waiting for more to come down. If's probably not Fios, it's probably the internet path between Verizon's entry point to the backbone from your location, and the server you're streaming from. (And there's nothing they can do about it - they don't own the internet.) Choose a closer server to stream from.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here when streaming using the fox sports app does the same thing. If i do so much as answer a text message and go back to it, it will buffer for a good 20-30 secs and/or just continue to buffer like it crashed and then have to go back and restart it.

Also if i turn on my VPN when connected to a public wifi network it stifles the phones performance bad enough that i have to turn it off.

Ive had this phone for a bit over a year and it might seem like its performance is starting to wane

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it just the Fox Sports app, or any streaming app? If it's just Fox Sports, then it's more likely an issue with their app or server -- send the dev feedback.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another question would be if this happens regardless of the network you're on, or if it only happens on certain networks. If the latter, then perhaps that network is throttling certain apps or servers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000