06-24-2016 09:15 AM
33 12
tools
    Hasselblad, the professional grade camera company, has just sent out invites to an event it's
    holding on 22 June. From the limited tease in the photo it looks like this could be the launch event for a Moto Mod camera for the Lenovo Moto Z.

The photo on the invite appears to show a close up on a camera device. The flat looking black sensors and the focus on the metallic buttons suggest this could be a camera mod. The premium brushed metal finish suggests this will be a premium Hasselblad priced product.

The Moto Z was launched recently with a selection of
    Modo Mods, but the previously rumoured Hasselblad Mod never appeared. Could this be the Z Camera Mod?
    06-18-2016 05:15 AM
    Full DSLR mod would be interesting.. or maybe a tango mod, or a flir mod?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-18-2016 10:01 AM
    The price point will be key as to what impact this mod will have.
    06-18-2016 10:33 AM
    This will probably cost more than the Moto Z themselves.. lol

Anyway, I think lenovo purposely left out the launch of the camera Mod in order for them to get all the media spotlight and attention to themselves, in a seperate event.

knowing Hasselblad and their ego, they would probably have requested that they left the Mod for a special event.
    06-18-2016 12:57 PM
    A nice lens on top of a cell phone sensor for $399 (or more, my guess) is not going to outperform a similarly priced point and shoot. And won't last as long since you'll throw it all away in 18-24 months. I think this is a dumb idea.
    06-18-2016 12:59 PM
    A nice lens on top of a cell phone sensor for $399 (or more, my guess) is not going to outperform a similarly priced point and shoot. And won't last as long since you'll throw it all away in 18-24 months. I think this is a dumb idea.
    Based on the leaked image, I don't think this will use the phone's sensor at all.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    06-18-2016 01:16 PM
    Based on the leaked image, I don't think this will use the phone's sensor at all.

Which is intriguing... And makes me wonder why it clips to the phone at all?
    06-18-2016 01:28 PM
    Which is intriguing... And makes me wonder why it clips to the phone at all?
    I would think for the ease of use an all in one device would be awesome
    06-18-2016 02:06 PM
    I would think for the ease of use an all in one device would be awesome
    If it has its own sensor and lens, what is the added efficiency of having it clip to a phone? I would have guessed the sensor and lens were the expensive parts if a camera.

I think they'll answer my questions during the announcement, I'm just confused is all.
    06-18-2016 02:19 PM
    Phone would provide view of photo, additional power, storage, etc. Big questions are the price and ease of use.
    06-18-2016 03:10 PM
    If it has its own sensor and lens, what is the added efficiency of having it clip to a phone? I would have guessed the sensor and lens were the expensive parts if a camera.

I think they'll answer my questions during the announcement, I'm just confused is all.
    No real advantage except for carrying one device and all the photo sharing features of a phone, which some cameras already have....doesn't work for me.

06-19-2016 04:17 AM
    This feels like it will be quite pricey.
    Ry likes this.
    06-21-2016 09:16 AM
    Its advantages are that

1. It'll be an all in one device, Offering Internet, mobile sharing, phone call, and mini computing capabilities on the go

2. Will bring the Mobile camera experience closer to that of the DSLR range

3. Less expensive than a stand alone DSLR camera

4. It'll be far more portable than carrying a phone and a seperate stand alone DSLR at the same time

5. It'll offer more functions than a traditional phone camera e.g 10x Optical Zoom, bigger sensor, better lens etc.

All on the go with the MOTO Z.
    06-21-2016 03:06 PM
    We don't know this yet.
    06-21-2016 04:55 PM
    Its advantages are that

1. It'll be an all in one device, Offering Internet, mobile sharing, phone call, and mini computing capabilities on the go

2. Will bring the Mobile camera experience closer to that of the DSLR range

4. It'll be far more portable than carrying a phone and a seperate stand alone DSLR at the same time

5. It'll offer more functions than a traditional phone camera e.g 10x Optical Zoom, bigger sensor, better lens etc.

All on the go with the MOTO Z.
    It will be close to a point and shoot. Doubt it will get anywhere near a DSLR.

06-21-2016 05:31 PM
    We don't know this yet.
    Lol. Might as well be more expensive than the Moto Z phones themselves, knowing hasselblad.
    06-21-2016 05:58 PM
    It will be close to a point and shoot. Doubt it will get anywhere near a DSLR.

Which is fantastic, along with the advantages it brings
    06-21-2016 06:03 PM
    Lol. Might as well be more expensive than the Moto Z phones themselves, knowing hasselblad.
    Is it really hasselblad or are they just licensing the name?

06-21-2016 09:42 PM
    Its a novelty.... Though Moto has taken the mod implementation up a notch from LG, it is still doubtful that they will generate enough interest to keep this idea a float. There are too many issues to make this practical past the concept and fad. First things first... Moto has to regain its market share that it lost during its share of issues and poor update support.

06-21-2016 09:50 PM
    Its a novelty.... Though Moto has taken the mod implementation up a notch from LG, it is still doubtful that they will generate enough interest to keep this idea a float. There are too many issues to make this practical past the concept and fad. First things first... Moto has to regain its market share that it lost during its share of issues and poor update support.

Lenovo was a top 5 OEM in volume but got passed by Vivo and OPPO (note Lenovo and Xiaomi both dropped out of the top 5). I seriously doubt lack of updates were a significant driving factor Lenovo-Motorola marketshare decreased.

Clocks likes this.
    06-21-2016 10:55 PM
    Sorry, but it seems like hasselblad is releasing a medium format mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. What made you think it was going to be a moto mod, or even phone related?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the evleaks image. They are releasing both the high end mirrorless and a moto mod. Excited to see what it could be. My expectation would be that it would be very expensive though.
    06-21-2016 11:00 PM
    Lenovo was a top 5 OEM in volume but got passed by Vivo and OPPO (note Lenovo and Xiaomi both dropped out of the top 5). I seriously doubt lack of updates were a significant driving factor Lenovo-Motorola marketshare decreased.

Whatever you say

06-21-2016 11:55 PM
    Did Hasselblad actually announce anything? No news on Twitter or elsewhere. I skimmed the video quickly and didn't see anything.
    06-22-2016 09:28 AM
    06-22-2016 10:13 AM
    This is a drip drip "launch." If they wait too long, all the buzz will be about the new Note 7, Nexus, and iPhones. Moto will be a tired afterthought.
    06-22-2016 11:10 AM
33 12