MotoMod ideas

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested in a style cover with wireless charging (without extra battery) for a much lower price than the battery covers.

Others have mentioned wanting something with a headphone jack, which makes sense. Not sure I'd bother with it, though.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
75% of the players are already walking around with a battery pack in their pocket. Might as well a cable to their pants and down to the shoes that generates power with each step.

Honestly, 10,000 mah battery is something I would buy. I work in some labs where service is absolutely horrible and my phone is pretty much dead at the end of the work day. I never have the phone in my pocket, usually just on the desk so I have some service for calls and such.

Or days where I'm working and I go to the airport and I don't have time to charge it. I don't mind the battery pack I have but a snap on plate would be much easier.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Stackable mods so there can be more than one. This way they can offer a Swiss Army Knife bundle.

Posted via the Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Would be nice to see a waterproof case for 3m that floats but with physical buttons for the shutter, zoom in/out, video recording button, flash on/off, and wrist strap.

TaoJoe

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I like the idea of a thin back cover with wireless charging, too. That would make wireless charging more convenient without the extra bulk of a large battery.

What about a phone mounting system for cars? It could be constructed so that clamping the phone would be unnecessary. The phone would just magnetically be held in place by the moto mod (the phone being held in place by the mod rather than the other way around). The phone could be charged through the mount as well as an auxiliary audio jack for systems that don’t have Bluetooth.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Having heard a couple people mention heat issues, I'm thinking someone could make a really sweet looking aluminum heatsink mod. Go ahead & build in a headphone jack (maybe even high end audio DAC like Cajun_Mike mentioned if it's small enough)& wireless charging pad to really make it useful & awesome.

dkediger

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes, just a wireless charging mod. Don't need a badonkadonk battery.

"Is that a 2200mAh battery mod, or are you just glad to see me?"

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would like a case that would cover and protect the battery mod. I personally use Otterbox and have for years. They have cases available on the website, Otterbox, but nothing that will cover and protect the battery.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I would like a case that would cover and protect the battery mod. I personally use Otterbox and have for years. They have cases available on the website, Otterbox, but nothing that will cover and protect the battery.

You mean by itself or a case for the whole thing? It's probably easy for Dbrand to make a skin.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

That's one of the really big downsides to this approach to mods - there's no standard shape for cases to adhere to (except with no mods attached, or a bumper that's open for mods). If a particular battery mod is popular enough, I could see someone making a case to go around it and the phone, but it's likely the case makers will wait & see how well things sell first.

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see a mod that turns the back of the phone into a secondary e-ink display. I would even prefer for it to cover the camera to put a 5.5 inch display on the back. It would be nice to carry around an ebook reader on my phone, plus all of the other plusses it would bring.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
How about something really useful like a printer mod? On second thought...forget it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC