MotoMod ideas

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I got the best idea...... I really shouldn't share it. Extended battery with headphone jack and solar charging. Maybe even a version with a smaller solar panel and add wireless charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the best idea...... I really shouldn't share it. Extended battery with headphone jack and solar charging. Maybe even a version with a smaller solar panel and add wireless charging.

A solar panel that can "at the very least" charge the external battery is a great idea

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
How about a gaming mod? Maybe with bumpers and triggers, like a console controller. Lots of games already use virtual dual "thumbsticks" on the screen, so this would complete the emulation of console gaming.

Or, how about a modified StyleShell design that has a 4-way configurable kickstand?

Or, how about additional sensors for use in a Google Cardboard/Daydream headsets, so you can emulate the benefit of Samsung Gear?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the other day about the potential for mods aimed at commercial use.

- barcode scanner
- industry specific scanners/sensors (medical, industrial)
- credit card reader
- construction industry tools (sonic measuring, others?)

Also
- full size usb port? (probably easier just to use an adapter, but perhaps there is some niche need/use)
- SD card reader for photographers dumping photos from DSLR card

I've wondered if for some commercial uses, the addition of an optional set screw / security screw might be good for the platform. I'm not sure I see the platform taking off in the commercial space, but if it were to, I'd think equipment owners would want to have the option to secure mods to devices.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Still holding out hope for Lapdock 2.0.

I still haven't heard any info on video output from the Z/Zf. There's casting of course, but any wireless display will have some lag, and I'm thinking about basically a bluetooth keyboard/mouse plus connection to a monitor. Lapdock could be cool too. I still have one that I got cheap that was meant for the Bionic, which I modified (reversed one of the connectors) to work with my old Droid Razr. Worked reasonably well. Something built now would probably be excellent.

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Id like to see possibly an improvement with the two great mods that most of us have. The JBL Speaker I would think has room to be at least half the size it is now in terms of thickness. The other would to produce another option of the battery mod to reflect thinner and lighter,even if it produces less juice. The Force already has a forever long battery shelf life so thinner and lighter battery mod would still do the job and then some at even half of what the current produce. Also battery mods in a variety of colors and textures. Carbon Fiber Texture comes to mind which would pretty jam up to me personally. Plus if its top grade 3M type material, it would be great for enhanced grip with no slippery feel. Ive used 3M mterial that was 1080 and it held up to everything. Even to outside conditions. I used it on my truck I had and wrapped some exterior Chevy bow ties. It held up to everything and literally looked like paint. That being said, if none of the companies do this with the carbon fiber then I will just pick up an extra battery mod and wrap it myself. To take it even further, I may just do this project today now. When wrapped right it looks like its stock and was made that way. Ill post some pics of this project that Ive now just talked myself into doing lol

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Id like to see possibly an improvement with the two great mods that most of us have. The JBL Speaker I would think has room to be at least half the size it is now in terms of thickness. The other would to produce another option of the battery mod to reflect thinner and lighter,even if it produces less juice. The Force already has a forever long battery shelf life so thinner and lighter battery mod would still do the job and then some at even half of what the current produce. Also battery mods in a variety of colors and textures. Carbon Fiber Texture comes to mind which would pretty jam up to me personally. Plus if its top grade 3M type material, it would be great for enhanced grip with no slippery feel. Ive used 3M mterial that was 1080 and it held up to everything. Even to outside conditions. I used it on my truck I had and wrapped some exterior Chevy bow ties. It held up to everything and literally looked like paint. That being said, if none of the companies do this with the carbon fiber then I will just pick up an extra battery mod and wrap it myself. To take it even further, I may just do this project today now. When wrapped right it looks like its stock and was made that way. Ill post some pics of this project that Ive now just talked myself into doing lol

Yes, please post pictures!

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes, please post pictures!

Here's a quick pic of my mod to the mod. I'm not a fan of the wood looking mod back that comes stock with the phone at all! This is a battery I wrapped. I've since took it off the battery and wrapped the terribly ugly fake wood back cover lol. Who at Motorola was in charged of the stock mod case back??? I'm 100 percent certain I would have created a stock mod back that would have at least appealed to the majority of Z owners. I never even put my fake wood on. I actually had to peel the plastic off the back of it to wrap it earlier lol. Wood??? Why not texture or fake carbon fiber.... Maybe I'm wrong and lots like the wood and if so, my bad lol. Wood??? Lol :)

Attachments

• 618.jpg
    618.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 16

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
The pic actually came out grainy so if it appears to have imperfections, it's the photo and lighting. The top and sides to me look like it's not smooth in my picture. Focus on the bottom half as that depicts what the entire mod on mod looks like in person. The material is so good that it even took on the Incipio logo on the real mod lol. Funny. I'm modifying a modification. Sounds funny like saying "serious humor" lol!!! Anyways it turned out great!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The pic actually came out grainy so if it appears to have imperfections, it's the photo and lighting. The top and sides to me look like it's not smooth in my picture. Focus on the bottom half as that depicts what the entire mod on mod looks like in person. The material is so good that it even took on the Incipio logo on the real mod lol. Funny. I'm modifying a modification. Sounds funny like saying "serious humor" lol!!! Anyways it turned out great!

What material is that?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Guys - let's all help get more Moto Mods made.

Seems like Incipio is supporting the device. Let's ask for more!

Email them (support@incipio.com) with your requests!

So far I've asked about:

• Incipio Back Place (Style Shell) that adds Qi wireless charging
  • smaller capacity slim offGRID Power Pack
  • Bumper case that allows for the use of Moto Mods

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Guys - let's all help get more Moto Mods made.

Seems like Incipio is supporting the device. Let's ask for more!

Email them (support@incipio.com) with your requests!

So far I've asked about:

• Incipio Back Place (Style Shell) that adds Qi wireless charging
  • smaller capacity slim offGRID Power Pack
  • Bumper case that allows for the use of Moto Mods

Did Incipio respond to any of your emails?

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
What material is that?

Hi. It's 3m 1080 Ply material. It's the best material made to wrap anything. It looks like paint and that it came that way. Here are some pics of the final product. I ended up wrapping the wood back that came stock with the phone. I have pictured next to the blue stock Incipio to show how stock the wrap looks.

Attachments

• 636.jpg
    636.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20