MotoMod ideas

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
First of all.. I would really commend lenovo for creating probably the most innovative smartphone since the original iphone.

Now, as for the Mods what I would like to see is a

1. Credit card reader Mod (for business people and to promote a cashless economy). This one will be huge for my business personally.

2. A Game controller Mod (with its own battery and an headphone jack)

3. A medical health kit Mod e.g glocose meters, temperature sensors etc (with their own batteries)

4. A professional camera Mod (with its own battery)

5. A lapdock Mod. This is a better solution than the Onecompute Mod imo as onecompute will need you to have a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse and the mods to work. Very Cumbersome if you ask me tbh as opposed to the lapdock where all you'll just need is the lapdock

6. A premium metallic battery case Mod with a DAC, an headphone jack and an IR blaster

7. A metallic style Mod (with IR blaster)

8. A gaming Mod (like PSP but in Mod form)

9. A TV/cable transmitter Mod (that can make you watch TV, cable from your phone wherever)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
5. A lapdock Mod. This is a better solution than the Onecompute Mod imo as onecompute will need you to have a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse and the mods to work. Very Cumbersome if you ask me tbh as opposed to the lapdock where all you'll just need is the lapdock

The Onecompute & lapdock approaches each have their strengths & weaknesses. I'd probably prefer the Onecompute style, as I would be looking to just set my phone down at my office & use a 27" monitor & full size keyboard & mouse. But of course the lapdock approach has some strong advantages too. Hopefully they'll offer both.

9. A TV/cable transmitter Mod (that can make you watch TV, cable from your phone wherever)

Not sure why this would need to be a mod, unless it contained an antenna for over-the-air television. For anything else you just need a Sling adapter on your tv at home, and an app on your phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Onecompute & lapdock approaches each have their strengths & weaknesses. I'd probably prefer the Onecompute style, as I would be looking to just set my phone down at my office & use a 27" monitor & full size keyboard & mouse. But of course the lapdock approach has some strong advantages too. Hopefully they'll offer both.

Motorola had a desktop version, the Webtop Dock.

Both need to make a comeback as Moto Mods!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a battery/keyboard mod exists in engineering somewhere: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-z/716051-how-moto-mods-went-concept-product.html

Steven: Three Moto Mods were released with the Moto Z: an LCD projector Mod, a JBL stereo speaker Mod and a battery Mod. What were some of the other concepts you worked on?

Fordham: We built a battery module that had a full QWERTY keyboard inside. I could show it to you; it's almost like a slider type concept for people who like the tactile feel of a real keyboard. We had all these different ideas that we hadn't even partly developed.