Projector mod

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Well the projector mod is pretty awesome. Just streamed a baseball game on the side of a camper. Everybody was amazed with the picture and asked what phone it was. Really cool and easy.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
This is why Moto Mods are awesome. I'm planning to pick one up when I can find it on sale.

Posted via the Android Central App

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This is why Moto Mods are awesome. I'm planning to pick one up when I can find it on sale.

I agree. They are really cool. Kind of limited at this time BUT people could make some really good stuff with this. It's new and forward thinking at least.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Well the projector mod is pretty awesome. Just streamed a baseball game on the side of a camper. Everybody was amazed with the picture and asked what phone it was. Really cool and easy.

Awesome. (Unless it was the Mets game, because that was not awesome last night. :( ) Did you keep it plugged in the entire time, or did you try to see how much you could actually use it on battery power alone? I've only used mine for some short clips, so haven't been able to see if the battery life claim is what Moto advertises it to be.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Its got its cool factor but I'd rather buy a separate unit that can be used with multiple devices

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Bluetooth radio that I take camping. It also has a USB port for charging so I plugged that in also once the mod got down to 60%. Then the mod dropped to 15% and stayed there. The phone battery stayed full. We watched for over an hour and a half.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I did find that it had some brightness settings after the game was over. It was on full brightness. The battery on the mod does go pretty fast at full bright. I'd say it would go an hour before it would start on the phone battery.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
9e8d9a11b709cfcadc668eecc7a1cb70.jpg

Let's keep it friendly, guys!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd be interested in seeing a video showing how this projector mod works if you'd have a way to do that, like filming it with another device.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wished it has more universality, because this only works with one phone, and it's successor...

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
299 is a bit steep for the projector mod make it 149 can you have a sale

I was in a Verizon Store today because I wanted some of the style backs. They had a very cool carrying case for the Mods that I bought and 2 incipio backs. The person who helped me said if I wanted the projector he could cut me a deal. I asked for 25% off and we went back and forth and I got $50 off so i bought it. I have been playing with it and it works really good. I can see me using this at work in a pinch. It is very bright and lasts about an hour without putting a charger to the phone. The Mod idea is awesome and I think Moto has a hit on their hands. My Z force has worked absolutely flawless. BTW I am using a Sandisk 64 GB extreme pro UHS 3 as storage and it works really nice.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I did find that it had some brightness settings after the game was over. It was on full brightness. The battery on the mod does go pretty fast at full bright. I'd say it would go an hour before it would start on the phone battery.

If charging at same time is the net charge result negative or positive? Seems the combined power need of the device and projector might use more power than actually charges.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If charging at same time is the net charge result negative or positive? Seems the combined power need of the device and projector might use more power than actually charges.
Yeah I thought so too. But while it was plugged in the mod never went below 15% and the phone stayed at 100%

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
299 is a bit steep for the projector mod make it 149 can you have a sale

$200 seems the magic spot. You can get 720p projectors that are four time brighter with Miracast support for same price as the mod. Not as compact though.

Lower price would increase attach rates. Would not be surprised if next few weeks it drops to $250 and then $200. That's unless it sells well then no need.