08-20-2016 09:47 AM
44 12
tools
    I have a dbrand skin on its way. It's compatible with the mods. I'll post some pics of it when I get it installed

Posted via the Android Central App
    nm...
    08-10-2016 04:55 PM
    I just found these on Amazon. Maybe just a crappy (very crappy) render, but do these look like third-party StyleShells to anyone else?

https://www.amazon.com/STUFF4-Motoro...cUvbUpU5314800

Attachment 234600

It could be that these just feature a rose-gold border that looks just like the rose gold on the Z. But if you look carefully at the border, you'll see that it has that same matte strip right down the middle of the top that is on the Z's border:

Style mod availability?-capture44.png

Also, it says that it fits the "Z Force/Droid." If that means both the Z and the Z Force, then the only thing it could be is a StyleShell.

What do we think?
    08-10-2016 05:24 PM
    Here's another by the same outfit, this time in carbon fiber:

https://www.amazon.com/STUFF4-Motoro...cUvbUpU5314804

mobrules and Technified like this.
    08-10-2016 05:27 PM
    I just found these on Amazon. Maybe just a crappy (very crappy) render, but do these look like third-party StyleShells to anyone else?

https://www.amazon.com/STUFF4-Motoro...cUvbUpU5314825

Attachment 234600
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1417_.jpg
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1417_.jpg

It could be that these just feature a rose-gold border that looks just like the rose gold on the Z. But if you look carefully at the border, you'll see that it has that same matte strip right down the middle of the top that is on the Z's border:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture44.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	234601

Also, it says that it fits the "Z Force/Droid." If that means both the Z and the Z Force, then the only thing it could be is a StyleShell.

What do we think?
    They are third party, Moto covers up the pens on the back. Can't use them with a back on the phone so why expose them.
    08-10-2016 05:44 PM
    Yeah, they may be 3rd party "shells", but if they're not covering the pins, they're doing it wrong... I'm sure someone will order one & see sometime. I won't be the tester while they don't even have real photos.
    Technified likes this.
    08-10-2016 06:57 PM
    Yeah, they may be 3rd party "shells", but if they're not covering the pins, they're doing it wrong... I'm sure someone will order one & see sometime. I won't be the tester while they don't even have real photos.
    I was thinking the same thing! There's a lot of cases for the z and z force on Amazon where the pins are exposed. Like you I'm not willing to be a tester lol.

08-10-2016 07:43 PM
    It's funny you point that out. I ordered a gel case off Amazon and the photo showed the pins exposed..... I really didn't think too much about it. Got it and they are covered. The back is just one piece.
    So thanks for pointing that out.
    08-10-2016 08:17 PM
    They are third party, Moto covers up the pens on the back. Can't use them with a back on the phone so why expose them.
    Just to be clear, I know they are third party-made. What I'm not sure about, but suspect to be the case, is that they are StyleShells, and not merely snap-on cases.
    YAYTech likes this.
    08-11-2016 10:17 AM
    Just to be clear, I know they are third party-made. What I'm not sure about, but suspect to be the case, is that they are StyleShells, and not merely snap-on cases.
    Well the name of it has case in it so? Looks like a case to me.
    08-11-2016 01:14 PM
    Well the name of it has case in it so? Looks like a case to me.
    Well, yes, but ... that's sort of the point of my first post, innit? :-) It says case, but it doesn't look like a case, it looks like a StyleShell.
    08-11-2016 02:27 PM
    Well, yes, but ... that's sort of the point of my first post, innit? :-) It says case, but it doesn't look like a case, it looks like a StyleShell.
    No, I'm saying to me it looks like a case. To me looks like it wraps around the phone. I you thought maybe it was a good phone, but to me looks like a case.
    08-11-2016 02:35 PM
    My camo style mod came yesterday! It looks and feels good!

benjamminh likes this.
    08-12-2016 07:22 AM
    My camo style mod came yesterday! It looks and feels good!

I really like the mine fits and looks, wish it wasn't so slick though.

Technified likes this.
    08-12-2016 03:38 PM
    I really like the mine fits and looks, wish it wasn't so slick though.

Yea if u are not paying attention the phone can slip out of your hand. Almost happened twice today, but I still like it lol

08-12-2016 04:29 PM
    I got 2 of the Incipio backs, one in blue and a grey one. Want the red one from Moto but the delivery dates sucked as I was going to be out of town. The Incipio does not fit as well as the Moto back but is good. Instead of a metal pin it is plastic. The Blue and Grey one are not soft touch and a little slippery. All in all it is fun to change the look of the phone.

08-13-2016 10:35 AM
    Here ya go. Looks nice, but kinda slippery

Nice! That looks cool. Now seeing it, I'm going to order one of those. Looks awesome man

08-13-2016 01:53 PM
    I going to have my stock wooden back dipped in Kryptek Neptune Camo to match my Ruger LC9s
    08-16-2016 07:14 PM
    I want the camo now. I may order it from incipio after seeing it installed. I have the blue incipio. I couldn't stand the grayish fake wood so I wrapped it in red and also wrapped my Tumi Battery.
    08-20-2016 05:49 AM
    I want the camo now. I may order it from incipio after seeing it installed. I have the blue incipio. I couldn't stand the grayish fake wood so I wrapped it in red and also wrapped my Tumi Battery.
    Are the Incipio style mods a kevlar-like feel?
    08-20-2016 09:47 AM
44 12