Style mod availability?

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a dbrand skin on its way. It's compatible with the mods. I'll post some pics of it when I get it installed

Posted via the Android Central App

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I just found these on Amazon. Maybe just a crappy (very crappy) render, but do these look like third-party StyleShells to anyone else?

https://www.amazon.com/STUFF4-Motor...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5314800

View attachment 234600
612518m1SYL._SL1417_.jpg

61o23aPbRcL._SL1417_.jpg

It could be that these just feature a rose-gold border that looks just like the rose gold on the Z. But if you look carefully at the border, you'll see that it has that same matte strip right down the middle of the top that is on the Z's border:

Capture44.PNG

Also, it says that it fits the "Z Force/Droid." If that means both the Z and the Z Force, then the only thing it could be is a StyleShell.

What do we think?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I just found these on Amazon. Maybe just a crappy (very crappy) render, but do these look like third-party StyleShells to anyone else?

https://www.amazon.com/STUFF4-Motor...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5314825

View attachment 234600
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/612518m1SYL._SL1417_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61o23aPbRcL._SL1417_.jpg

It could be that these just feature a rose-gold border that looks just like the rose gold on the Z. But if you look carefully at the border, you'll see that it has that same matte strip right down the middle of the top that is on the Z's border:

View attachment 234601

Also, it says that it fits the "Z Force/Droid." If that means both the Z and the Z Force, then the only thing it could be is a StyleShell.

What do we think?

They are third party, Moto covers up the pens on the back. Can't use them with a back on the phone so why expose them.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they may be 3rd party "shells", but if they're not covering the pins, they're doing it wrong... I'm sure someone will order one & see sometime. I won't be the tester while they don't even have real photos.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, they may be 3rd party "shells", but if they're not covering the pins, they're doing it wrong... I'm sure someone will order one & see sometime. I won't be the tester while they don't even have real photos.

I was thinking the same thing! There's a lot of cases for the z and z force on Amazon where the pins are exposed. Like you I'm not willing to be a tester lol.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's funny you point that out. I ordered a gel case off Amazon and the photo showed the pins exposed..... I really didn't think too much about it. Got it and they are covered. The back is just one piece.
So thanks for pointing that out.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
They are third party, Moto covers up the pens on the back. Can't use them with a back on the phone so why expose them.

Just to be clear, I know they are third party-made. What I'm not sure about, but suspect to be the case, is that they are StyleShells, and not merely snap-on cases.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, yes, but ... that's sort of the point of my first post, innit? :) It says case, but it doesn't look like a case, it looks like a StyleShell.

No, I'm saying to me it looks like a case. To me looks like it wraps around the phone. I you thought maybe it was a good phone, but to me looks like a case.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I got 2 of the Incipio backs, one in blue and a grey one. Want the red one from Moto but the delivery dates sucked as I was going to be out of town. The Incipio does not fit as well as the Moto back but is good. Instead of a metal pin it is plastic. The Blue and Grey one are not soft touch and a little slippery. All in all it is fun to change the look of the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair