Battery mod

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have the Samsung fast wireless charger. I don't know if it charges fast or not. And I don't know the output. But on my S7 edge there was a option to turn in fast wireless charging. I don't see that option on my Z so I'm not sure if it's fast or standard.

It does charge both the battery and phone at the same time as previously stated.

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
For those of you with the battery mod, are you leaving it on your phone all the time? Or are you only using it when you know you might be away from a charger for awhile?

I'd like to know this too. And if you are leaving it on the phone all the time, does it keep the phone warm because of constant charging?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been leaving it on my phone. It does run warm if it's chargijg and you're using the phone. It's dependent on how resource intense the use is.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
For those of you with the battery mod, are you leaving it on your phone all the time? Or are you only using it when you know you might be away from a charger for awhile?

I'd like to know this too. And if you are leaving it on the phone all the time, does it keep the phone warm because of constant charging?

I started out leaving it on the phone all the time just to see how it works. I didn't notice the phone getting hot at all while the battery pack was on any while it was keeping my phone at 80% charged. I have the Tumi version and on the battery pack it says the output is 5v/1.3A. So I'm thinking its more like a trickle charge. One of the options of the battery back is to have it kick in all the time and keep the phone at 100% or efficiency mode which keeps the phone battery at 80% until the battery pack is discharged to 0%. It says in efficiency mode the mod battery will last longer.

Hope that helps

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I started out leaving it on the phone all the time just to see how it works. I didn't notice the phone getting hot at all while the battery pack was on any while it was keeping my phone at 80% charged. I have the Tumi version and on the battery pack it says the output is 5v/1.3A. So I'm thinking its more like a trickle charge. One of the options of the battery back is to have it kick in all the time and keep the phone at 100% or efficiency mode which keeps the phone battery at 80% until the battery pack is discharged to 0%. It says in efficiency mode the mod battery will last longer.

Hope that helps

My battery pack does not make the phone run warm. I was more curious whether people are okay with the weight of the Z Force + the battery mod. I love the battery life with the mod, but man does it make the phone heavy.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's that much heavier than the turbo

Really? The Z Force with the battery mod feels a lot heavier to me. The Z Force is 166g and the Droid Turbo 169g. With the battery mod, the Z Force is approximately 250g. That's a big difference. Don't get me wrong - there's absolutely a great use for the battery mod. I just can't decide if I want it on my phone every day. The Z Force seems to have really good battery life even without a mod.

Last edited:

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I got the mod because no one has a USB c charger. Previously I would ask to borrow a charger and chances were someone had a micro USB. Even if they had an iPhone they had a micro for their Bluetooth or something. I wanted to be able to have the ability to be without wall power and not have to carry around a battery pack AND cables.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is different and I have not had any problem with the TUMI. I dont think it is bad in the slippery department. The Tumi fits my Z totally flush.

I have the Incipio Offgrid Power Pack and it was $10 cheaper at Best Buy than the comparable Tumi case at the Verizon Store and it charges wirelessly just like the Tumi. I love it. It's really thin, thinner than any mophie case could ever be!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the Incipio Offgrid Power Pack and it was $10 cheaper at Best Buy than the comparable Tumi case at the Verizon Store and it charges wirelessly just like the Tumi. I love it. It's really thin, thinner than any mophie case could ever be!

That's true. Compared to comparable battery cases for other phones, the Moto battery mods are definitely thinner and lighter.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it stayed at 80%. I'm saying the mod burned through 20% pretty quickly

20% of the mod battery is roughly equivalent to 8% of the phone's battery. So I suppose it's a tad high, but not crazy high.

At that rate, the mod would give you an extra 100 minutes of video watching. That's a lot.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I went today and returned the Tumi battery pack to verizon and bought the Incipio from best buy. It was 10.00 cheaper and has a non slip feel to me. The tumi battery mod felt like I was going to drop it all the time. I also found the Tumi is about 6 or 7 grams heavier. might not seem alot but to me i could feel it. Both of them are exactely the same capacity.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I went today and returned the Tumi battery pack to verizon and bought the Incipio from best buy. It was 10.00 cheaper and has a non slip feel to me. The tumi battery mod felt like I was going to drop it all the time. I also found the Tumi is about 6 or 7 grams heavier. might not seem alot but to me i could feel it. Both of them are exactely the same capacity.

I did exactly the same thing and am happy I did. Wasn't a big fan of the feel of the Tumi, but loving the feel of the Incipio. The battery mod definitely makes the phone heavy, but it's worth it to know that there is basically zero chance my phone will ever run out of juice or need a top up midday.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I actually like the Tumi battery mod! I have that and the clear Verizon bumper on my z force! The extra weight on the phone doesn't bother me. It makes the phone feel solid. A couple of my co workers said that they like the look and feel of the phone with the battery mod on it! One of the guys even went and got a z force and battery mod and bumper on his lunch break lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Any concerns that using the battery mods will ultimately decrease your internal battery's life? Continuous charge/discharge cycles is what kills batteries. By having the mod on there, you are literally always charging and discharging. Even if your phone is at 100%, its trickle charging.