Battery mod

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I even called Incipio and vzw tech support and couldn't get it answered. Can't believe someone
hasn't tested yet. Would only take 2 minutes.

Hey buddy, I think you need to chillax there. It's a public forum and not everyone cares enough to test and/or post back their results. Maybe you're the only one on this forum that has a USB-C cable and charger and the battery mod. I don't think badgering/belittling is going to get you answers any faster.

Last edited:

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious on the use case. I can make it through a full day (unplug at 6AM, plug in at 10PM) with plenty of life left. For those that are using the battery mod, are you only making it a day? Do you always charge at night regardless of where your battery is at (assuming battery mod is drained)?

I'd love to charge every other day OR be able to use my phone hard for one day without concerns that I will have to find a charger before night.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
No, it does not merely take two minutes. You must have a USB C with a USB A adapter to use with a slower charger. And you must have the Incipio mod. I bought my Incipio Mod today. It charges from my old LG charger with the A to C adapter. My Z Force says charging phone, then power mod.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
No, it does not merely take two minutes. You must have a USB C with a USB A adapter to use with a slower charger. And you must have the Incipio mod. I bought my Incipio Mod today. It charges from my old LG charger with the A to C adapter. My Z Force says charging phone, then power mod.
Thanks.....thats all I needed to know. I tried it with a usb a to c adapter, with several different rated chargers, and just a usb c cable, again with the same several different rated chargers, but the only way it would charge the battery mod after it was done charging the phone was to use the charger supplied with the phone. After charging the phone the battery mod just sat there saying waiting to charge. So if its working for you that leads me to believe its either my phone or the battery mod thats defective.

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious on the use case. I can make it through a full day (unplug at 6AM, plug in at 10PM) with plenty of life left. For those that are using the battery mod, are you only making it a day? Do you always charge at night regardless of where your battery is at (assuming battery mod is drained)?

I'd love to charge every other day OR be able to use my phone hard for one day without concerns that I will have to find a charger before night.
1470848324308.jpgHere's a screen shot of the first time I used the battery mod. Keep in mind I disable a lot of the bloat ware and for this battery cycle also disabled the moto actions that wake up the screen everytime it senses movement. Just wanted to see how far I could go. I think with careful use I could have gone a full 3 days.

Hope this helps

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
This is also what I had heard but always had a nagging thought. Say I only charge my battery from 40% to 80% and never outside of that range. Since that's not a full charge cycle, does that mean it will last indefinitely? Or is it for ever 2.5 charges (40% * 2.5 = 100%), it counts as one charge cycle?

Google doesn't have a definitive answer but the short bursts of charging seems to prolong battery life versus deep depth of discharges. In any event, I like your answer and may just go get one.

I've never had a battery outright die BUT I've had battery start to lose capacity. My Note 4's battery was down quite a bit after a year.
Your second part is right. If you charge 20% of the battery 5 times it would count as 1 full charge cycle

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon and they advised the issue I am having is a known issue. Also said there is an update that will be pushed starting tomorrow to address it.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
They made it sound as if it was a mod update. But who knows they could just be saying that. The guy didn't sound too confident.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the battery mod every day so that I can put less stress on the phone's battery.

From reading battery university, it seems like keeping the battery topped up at 80% puts a lot less stress on the battery than going under 50% on the phone's battery. I also appreciate the added battery life in case I want to go out after work.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Tumi or Incipio? I had Tumi and that seemed loose to me. Have Incipio now and it seems tight.

Incipio. And only near the bottom and only ever so slightly side to side. I literally didn't notice it the first 5 days I had the battery mod. Not a big deal. Just curious if others had the same issue.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well it does not sound like there's any update coming.
Spoke with Motorola customer service and they advised the only way to charge the battery mod is using the supplied charger or a wireless charging pad.
Others here in the forums have said they have gotten it to work with other chargers and cables. If you have gotten this to work can you please post with what charger and with what cable?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Incipio. And only near the bottom and only ever so slightly side to side. I literally didn't notice it the first 5 days I had the battery mod. Not a big deal. Just curious if others had the same issue.
My Incipio fits tight and doesn't move. Thinking about returning it anyways since I'm having so many charging issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513