Which material should I use to Mod the Battery??

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have thoughts on which of these would look the coolest?? Stainless Color, Carbon Fiber Black or Metallic Blue. All of these are the same 3M material I used on with my Red Mod.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 638.jpg
    638.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 51

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm partial to the carbon fiber. But that's what I had in my turbo and I really liked it.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Carbon fiber all the way..... Not even close compared to other 2.
Do you have youtube videos showing how you do this? Tempted to try it myself.

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
That's my thought also. I may wrap it real quick in stainless steel just for kicks and see what it looks like attached. I am curious if the contrast of both steel colors will look cool. I'm going to drop by AutoZone tomorrow and see if they offer any other colors than what I remember. I know they have a white and I think green. The metallic blue is pretty killer in person. I'd use it if I didn't already have the blue Incipio. The metallic blue wrap has a sheen to it that pops. My fav is this one. The Red!

Attachments

• 637.jpg
    637.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 28

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Looks like the metallic blue that I've been eyeing for a car wrap for a while...

If you do that, please contact me somehow and send me some pics! This shade of metallic Blue is awesome. Actually Chevy has a Blue color similar to this on their Vette and I believe Camaro. I agree with you. My next vehicle will be as close to this color blue as possible.

Attachments

• 764.jpg
    764.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 24

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Here's the Tumi Battery I wrapped in stainless steel 3M just now. Did it kind of in a hurry BC I wasnt sure if I'd leave it this way. Turned out to have a pretty cool contrast actually. I'm not the most happy with a couple of the rounded corners or curves as far as minor imperfections but itll be okay. Probably me being too picky lol. I think I'm going to leave the stainless on for a while and eventually settle on the metallic blue or carbon fiber. What I really want is red carbon fiber but all the research I've done states that 3m doesn't offer carbon fiber in red so that is why I have my doubts in regard to DBrand saying all their material is 3m. Even the wrap pro i used and learned partially from told me that 3m doesn't offer red carbon fiber. This guy wraps vehicles and huge equipment for a large company that provides a variety of custom services to all types of vehicles and such. Anyways here is how it turned out. The battery connected fine and there is no interference at all.

Attachments

• 773.jpg
    773.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 22

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I ended up changing my Tumi mod to red over the stainless. The color red of the material I got that's 3m is a cool shade of red. Plus I like the contrast of the red on black. 1471614799558.jpg