I've realized I guess through trial and error that the Tumi Battery Mod has a stronger connection than than the Incipio. I've wrapped both twice. The Tumi Battery worked perfectly every time. I decided to change it over to red as it's my preferred color for the case back. Both times I've wrapped the incipio I of course wrapped it just the same as the Tumi and it would not connect even though it was attached to the Force. Nothing at all was in the way of the connectors on either battery so I have to assume for some odd reason the Tumi must have a stronger device to device connection. I wrapped both to have very minimal material that actually wraps behind the cast. Almost to where it's barely around the edges. Anyway here is my Tumi in Red modded and now with a much better texture for grip
    Attached Thumbnails I think the Tumi Battery has a much stronger connection than the Incipio Battery-1477483229.jpg  
    08-18-2016 01:48 AM
    Sorry. Meant to add that the pic is the Tumi. Now in red and not slippery at all.
    08-18-2016 01:49 AM
    I originally had the Tumi. Returned it and bought the Incipio because I liked how it felt in my hand better. But I felt both were equally strong.

Let's be honest.... They both are probably made the exact same place by the same company. Verizon store mentioned morphie actually making them, but I have no idea if that's true.
    08-18-2016 07:50 AM
    I originally had the Tumi. Returned it and bought the Incipio because I liked how it felt in my hand better. But I felt both were equally strong.

Let's be honest.... They both are probably made the exact same place by the same company. Verizon store mentioned morphie actually making them, but I have no idea if that's true.
    My Tumi shipped from Incipio.
    08-18-2016 08:25 AM
    My Tumi shipped from Incipio.
    Interesting to know that. Makes me even more confused why the incipio after two identical wraps no difference than the two identical Tumi wraps, the incipio never connected at all. Tumi did and does just as it did before the wrap with absolutely no trouble.
    08-18-2016 08:41 AM
    I am near certain that the Tumi and Kate Spade battery packs are just branded Incipio ones.
    08-18-2016 11:14 AM
    I am near certain that the Tumi and Kate Spade battery packs are just branded Incipio ones.
    Pretty sure this is right.
    08-18-2016 11:50 AM
    Pretty sure this is right.
    This is Kashton guys. Went ahead and officially signed up but it wouldn't allow me to use my old username. So now I'm Dconn1975.

You guys have any thoughts as to why the incipio then wouldn't connect when I wrapped it exactly how I wrapped my Tumi? That has me puzzled. Plus I want to wrap the incipio. I'm going to AutoZone later to look at some new material in a different color today.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:35 AM
    Saw this on Incipio site:

I think the Tumi Battery has a much stronger connection than the Incipio Battery-incipio.jpg
    08-24-2016 09:46 PM