12-02-2016 01:25 AM
61 123
tools
    So I'm half way through the day and this is definitely "grippy", matter of fact it's probably closer to "tacky". It's not picking up lint or anything but if I'd tried this before I ordered the leather back, I might not have ordered it.
    You get my vote for the "Coolest Solution to a ZForce Situation" - a phone with a bed liner - or - a bed liner that makes phone calls.
    Connert likes this.
    09-22-2016 02:42 PM
    I have the leather back from Moto on my phone now. But I do switch and put the wood back on if I'm working or doing something where I don't want to mess up the leather. I really don't like the wood so this will be a perfect fox for me!

Thanks!
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I'll use the leather on normal days and then use this for times I don't want to mess up the leather.

You'll love the grip, it will feel a little tacky most of the time. I really like it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:12 PM
    I placed my order for the leather back on September 8th. I received a confirmation e-mail but since then my order status hasn't changed. I've contacted Moto and they say they are escalating the issue to Moto Maker. Has anybody ordered their back more recently than the 8th and if so, are you receiving ETA's or seeting any type of movement on the order?
    I ordered on the 16th and see today it has shipped with a FedEx delivery date of the 28th. This is 2 days off the original eta, but it was an estimated delivery date. So no complaints from me.
    09-23-2016 04:45 PM
    Great now I have to go to the auto parts store and pick up a can of bed spray. See what you did. Thanks. Haha.

I have the leather back from Moto on my phone now. But I do switch and put the wood back on if I'm working or doing something where I don't want to mess up the leather. I really don't like the wood so this will be a perfect fox for me!

Thanks!
    Don't do it. It ends up that after two days the bed liner paint started "melting" or "pushing" into thick lines of paint in the areas where I hold the phone the most (heavy wear areas). It went from tacky to down right sticky. So I took a coarse grit sanding block to it and removed all the paint. Then a fine grit to smooth it back out. Turns out the thing is actually wood. Very thin wood laminate, but wood just the same. It now has what my crafty wife would call a little bit of a "distressed" look to it. Not really an issue and my leather back is in the hands of FedEx. It should be at my door on Wednesday the 28th.
    09-24-2016 07:25 AM
    A spray can of Plasti dip may work...Its cheap and usually at HD or Lowes..
    09-24-2016 05:45 PM
    A spray can of Plasti dip may work...Its cheap and usually at HD or Lowes..
    I've thought about that, but I think I'm just going to wait for the leather back for now. It should be here Wednesday. The Plasti Dip is probably something I'll try though before this back ends up in the "never to be seen again" drawer.
    cbironman24 likes this.
    09-25-2016 04:37 AM
    I have the turbo 64g and Im debating upgrading to the force, mostly because I want the camera attachment on the back for optical zoom andI really only like motorola droids (hate the updates of course...)

Is this back actually leather or is it faux leather? I dont want to get some fake knock off leather for the price this phone costs...also is the wood real wood?
    10-01-2016 09:37 AM
    The leather back seems to me to be real leather, and the wood back is real wood.

As far as the camera mod is concerned, it's not gotten the greatest of reviews. The phone is very fast and smooth (coming from a string on Samsung devices). If your main reason to upgrade to this phone is the camera mod, I think you should do a bit of research on the mod more than the phone. Phone is great, camera mod not so much if you trust in the reviews.
    10-01-2016 12:26 PM
    Shoot, it wouldn't be that hard to offer full color custom printed designs, like the Google Photos Live Cases for Nexus devices.
    Oh Hell Yes.
    11-04-2016 10:40 AM
    Where did you buy? Moto website?
    Just ordered it
    11-11-2016 09:41 PM
    Just received the leather back after buying it for $17 on Amazon.

I have to say, while I like it better than the stock wood back, it feels approximately NOTHING like leather. Think more like the material of a car dash.
    12-02-2016 01:25 AM
61 123