Moto leather back is sweet

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with the nylon mod from Moto. I just received it the other day. I ordered both the black and the red and am currently sporting the red one. It is more of a maroon in my opinion and I like how it looks and feels. The lighting in the pics doesn't do it justice.
File_000.jpgFile_001.jpg

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have not had other phones with Nylon backs so I can't compare. However, it feels less slippery and the material seems strong and put together well. To me, it actually has a more premium feel to it than it does with the included wood grain style mod.

legobob76

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got in the black leather back. I like the fit of the Moto ones much better than the blue Incipio I have. The Incipio is too thick.

I like it. I really would like some soft touch color backs like the material on the Moto X's.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
After reading through this, I ordered my black leather back this morning. I'm not a big fan of the included wood either.

This was the "commitment" purchase I needed to take ownership of the Z Force. I got this phone to try while the Note 7 saga continues to unfold. I really like how smooth it operates and I'm looking forward to seeing what mods are yet to come.

I won't be going back to the Note 7. I didn't think I could get by without the Spen, but now that I've had this device for a few days, I haven't really missed it.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I never cared for the fake wood at all. In fact I never even put it on my Force. I wrapped it in 3m before I used it. I agree. Someone said we need options. I'm thinking 50/50 whether we will see much more than we have to choose from now. Moto needs to have a dedicated Moto maker specifically for us to create our own shell from texture, color and possibly custom word or two at the bottom. I don't see that happening but I'd already have ordered several if they would build it for me. Lately I just have been keeping my Incipio gunmetal color shell on mine. It flows pretty good. I ordered a silver carbon fiber kit from skinomi that appears to go on the shell and on the outer edge of the device. Then once my Dbrand comes in for the front my Force will truly Awaken lol. Funny.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got in the black leather back. I like the fit of the Moto ones much better than the blue Incipio I have. The Incipio is too thick.

I like it. I really would like some soft touch color backs like the material on the Moto X's.

I keep eyeballing the gold Incipio, but have held off based on thickness and slickness. Wish I could order the Moto backs and not wonder if they'll take a month to arrive...

I never cared for the fake wood at all. In fact I never even put it on my Force. I wrapped it in 3m before I used it. I agree. Someone said we need options. I'm thinking 50/50 whether we will see much more than we have to choose from now. Moto needs to have a dedicated Moto maker specifically for us to create our own shell from texture, color and possibly custom word or two at the bottom. I don't see that happening but I'd already have ordered several if they would build it for me. Lately I just have been keeping my Incipio gunmetal color shell on mine. It flows pretty good. I ordered a silver carbon fiber kit from skinomi that appears to go on the shell and on the outer edge of the device. Then once my Dbrand comes in for the front my Force will truly Awaken lol. Funny.

Shoot, it wouldn't be that hard to offer full color custom printed designs, like the Google Photos Live Cases for Nexus devices.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I keep eyeballing the gold Incipio, but have held off based on thickness and slickness. Wish I could order the Moto backs and not wonder if they'll take a month to arrive...

I ordered mine this morning after reading here it was taking about a week to get the back. My has an estimated delivery date of Sept 29th. So, 10 days for me and that includes two weekends. I'd say, not too bad.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have the leather back on the way, I'm wondering how I might change the "wood" back that came with the phone. I don't think I'd do very well with the wrap material and doubt it would come out very well. I have thought about trying a rubberized paint though. Anyone else have any other ideas? 1474199912012.jpg

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what the backs are made of, so this may a very dumb idea - rough it up with a fine sand paper or wet/dry paper to add some grip - good chance it will ruin the looks though.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be some type of plastic, I agree that a little sanding would be necessary.

I'm replacing the standard back with the leather one as soon as I receive it (est 29th). So if the painting doesn't work out, I don't really care, it will spend the next few years in a drawer with all the other misfit accessories from past devices otherwise (man I need to clean out that drawer).

This rubberized paint is just one idea, it may be too thick for this. I'm going to be on the lookout for other types of paint that might work also. I just figured with the premium back on the way, I might try something different with this one, it will never get used otherwise.