new Moto mod

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I was looking at the new mid from hasselblad and found an interesting photo with another mod I've never seen before and was wondering if anyone knows what it is? The top left in the picture right above the hasselblad Moto mod

Attachments

• 11130.jpg
    11130.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 78

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I was looking at the new mid from hasselblad and found an interesting photo with another mod I've never seen before and was wondering if anyone knows what it is? The top left in the picture right above the hasselblad Moto mod

The rumored "Adventure Mod", water proof case with interchangeable (or fish-eye) camera lenses.

We'll know more this week!

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, the JBL speaker was free for a lot of us, so no complaints there. So far the only really out there one is the projector, although I'm afraid the camera mod will be quite pricey.

Joseph Coates

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a battery pack and I will probably buy the speaker. I don't have too much interest in the projector or the camera. I don't think the price is too much more than many other quality devices.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I can understand both points of view - those who prefer the advantages of the mods vs those who prefer the advantages of similarly priced external devices. Both have some merit, and it depends on preference and use case. Fortunately it's a great phone whether or not you use mods. I'm also hoping someone will come up with a mod/mods that really do some unique things and blow our minds. :)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I can understand both points of view - those who prefer the advantages of the mods vs those who prefer the advantages of similarly priced external devices. Both have some merit, and it depends on preference and use case. Fortunately it's a great phone whether or not you use mods. I'm also hoping someone will come up with a mod/mods that really do some unique things and blow our minds. :)
That is exactly my hope too. Someone please just innovate and make a mod that is so cool and unique, you can't help but but it. Heck out simple fact that the easiest mods to make which are style backs have yet to be produced in multiple colors. That should be at the least a given. Sad. The mod potential is there but my gut tells me we won't see more than maybe the camera mod and possibly one other and that will be it. Motorola made a mistake bottom line when it was released as an exclusive to Verizon. Verizon is big but they don't encompass enough users to spark enough compamies to to compete which leads to innovstion. No reason what so ever other than power play that this phone is exclusive to Verizon. What ever happened to compamies using economics 101? Verizon just just flexing it's muscles and Motorola caved to the money offer to give Verizon the rights which cut our well more than half of the market who would have

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
That is exactly my hope too. Someone please just innovate and make a mod that is so cool and unique, you can't help but but it. Heck out simple fact that the easiest mods to make which are style backs have yet to be produced in multiple colors. That should be at the least a given. Sad. The mod potential is there but my gut tells me we won't see more than maybe the camera mod and possibly one other and that will be it. Motorola made a mistake bottom line when it was released as an exclusive to Verizon. Verizon is big but they don't encompass enough users to spark enough compamies to to compete which leads to innovstion. No reason what so ever other than power play that this phone is exclusive to Verizon. What ever happened to compamies using economics 101? Verizon just just flexing it's muscles and Motorola caved to the money offer to give Verizon the rights which cut our well more than half of the market who would have

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Sorry. They cut out more than half of market buyers which comes back to why we will never see a huge variety if mods. Not enough people being able to get the phone bc of Verizon so there's no potential to make any money on cool mods if only a 4th of the potential global market own this phone. Total waste of a huge potential and endless innovstion that could have been cool to see happen. Love the phone but question the sheer lack of econmics. Really common sense rather

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Sorry. They cut out more than half of market buyers which comes back to why we will never see a huge variety if mods. Not enough people being able to get the phone bc of Verizon so there's no potential to make any money on cool mods if only a 4th of the potential global market own this phone. Total waste of a huge potential and endless innovstion that could have been cool to see happen. Love the phone but question the sheer lack of econmics. Really common sense rather

Only the Z Force is exclusive to Verizon. The Z and Z Play will be unlocked and available everywhere beginning in September.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola has a solid relationship with Verizon.

Their options were: give exclusivity to Verizon or try to work with AT&T and T-Mobile and Verizon without Verizon getting upset.

Moto Mods needed a retail presence.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I kind of think the exclusivity could work this time around. The phones have received a huge amount of positive press.
They'll get all that press again with the international release, release more mods, which it appears they'll do, and it could be a win.

Elphie123

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I use my JBL more than anything else, and I was very glad to have the Tumi battery when we lost power twice this summer. I can't imagine getting the projector even if the price came way down because it doesn't interest me, but I know a couple of people who can't wait to get it. Different needs I guess!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
There might be a pretty decent market for mods. Keep in mind that:

A) Verizon sells a lot of phones, and the Z and Z Force are going to be among their most-pushed.
B) Only the Force is Verizon exclusive (once the standard Z and Z Play launch soon)
C) Lenovo will be pushing these phones a lot in markets other than the US
D) Lenovo has indicated that future phone models will support the same mods

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little iffy on how the mods will do, but I do think they have a chance at being reasonably popular & successful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie