Ok so I was looking at the new mid from hasselblad and found an interesting photo with another mod I've never seen before and was wondering if anyone knows what it is? The top left in the picture right above the hasselblad Moto mod
    Attached Thumbnails new Moto mod-11130.jpg  
    08-29-2016 09:30 PM
    Ok so I was looking at the new mid from hasselblad and found an interesting photo with another mod I've never seen before and was wondering if anyone knows what it is? The top left in the picture right above the hasselblad Moto mod
    The rumored "Adventure Mod", water proof case with interchangeable (or fish-eye) camera lenses.

We'll know more this week!
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    08-29-2016 09:32 PM
    Oh ok, I was intrigued by the lens sticking out. I personally might pick up the hasselblad mod
    08-29-2016 09:37 PM
    These mods are way too expensive for what they deliver....
    08-29-2016 10:00 PM
    The mods in general or specific ones like the projector and the hasselblad mod
    08-29-2016 10:10 PM
    Well, the JBL speaker was free for a lot of us, so no complaints there. So far the only really out there one is the projector, although I'm afraid the camera mod will be quite pricey.
    fr4nk1yn and bigpapa7272 like this.
    08-29-2016 10:14 PM
    I want the hasselblad!
    maxman1 likes this.
    08-30-2016 08:02 AM
    Certainly is one man's opinion. Not mine.
    totaled likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:44 AM
    I purchased a battery pack and I will probably buy the speaker. I don't have too much interest in the projector or the camera. I don't think the price is too much more than many other quality devices.
    08-30-2016 09:45 AM
    I can understand both points of view - those who prefer the advantages of the mods vs those who prefer the advantages of similarly priced external devices. Both have some merit, and it depends on preference and use case. Fortunately it's a great phone whether or not you use mods. I'm also hoping someone will come up with a mod/mods that really do some unique things and blow our minds.
    Borarjti and Joseph Coates like this.
    08-30-2016 11:22 AM
    I can understand both points of view - those who prefer the advantages of the mods vs those who prefer the advantages of similarly priced external devices. Both have some merit, and it depends on preference and use case. Fortunately it's a great phone whether or not you use mods. I'm also hoping someone will come up with a mod/mods that really do some unique things and blow our minds.
    That is exactly my hope too. Someone please just innovate and make a mod that is so cool and unique, you can't help but but it. Heck out simple fact that the easiest mods to make which are style backs have yet to be produced in multiple colors. That should be at the least a given. Sad. The mod potential is there but my gut tells me we won't see more than maybe the camera mod and possibly one other and that will be it. Motorola made a mistake bottom line when it was released as an exclusive to Verizon. Verizon is big but they don't encompass enough users to spark enough compamies to to compete which leads to innovstion. No reason what so ever other than power play that this phone is exclusive to Verizon. What ever happened to compamies using economics 101? Verizon just just flexing it's muscles and Motorola caved to the money offer to give Verizon the rights which cut our well more than half of the market who would have
    08-30-2016 04:09 PM
    That is exactly my hope too. Someone please just innovate and make a mod that is so cool and unique, you can't help but but it. Heck out simple fact that the easiest mods to make which are style backs have yet to be produced in multiple colors. That should be at the least a given. Sad. The mod potential is there but my gut tells me we won't see more than maybe the camera mod and possibly one other and that will be it. Motorola made a mistake bottom line when it was released as an exclusive to Verizon. Verizon is big but they don't encompass enough users to spark enough compamies to to compete which leads to innovstion. No reason what so ever other than power play that this phone is exclusive to Verizon. What ever happened to compamies using economics 101? Verizon just just flexing it's muscles and Motorola caved to the money offer to give Verizon the rights which cut our well more than half of the market who would have
    08-30-2016 04:09 PM
    Sorry. They cut out more than half of market buyers which comes back to why we will never see a huge variety if mods. Not enough people being able to get the phone bc of Verizon so there's no potential to make any money on cool mods if only a 4th of the potential global market own this phone. Total waste of a huge potential and endless innovstion that could have been cool to see happen. Love the phone but question the sheer lack of econmics. Really common sense rather
    08-30-2016 04:15 PM
    Sorry. They cut out more than half of market buyers which comes back to why we will never see a huge variety if mods. Not enough people being able to get the phone bc of Verizon so there's no potential to make any money on cool mods if only a 4th of the potential global market own this phone. Total waste of a huge potential and endless innovstion that could have been cool to see happen. Love the phone but question the sheer lack of econmics. Really common sense rather
    Only the Z Force is exclusive to Verizon. The Z and Z Play will be unlocked and available everywhere beginning in September.
    fr4nk1yn likes this.
    08-30-2016 05:05 PM
    Motorola has a solid relationship with Verizon.

Their options were: give exclusivity to Verizon or try to work with AT&T and T-Mobile and Verizon without Verizon getting upset.

Moto Mods needed a retail presence.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-30-2016 05:28 PM
    I kind of think the exclusivity could work this time around. The phones have received a huge amount of positive press.
    They'll get all that press again with the international release, release more mods, which it appears they'll do, and it could be a win.
    08-30-2016 06:14 PM
    Exactly. I use my JBL more than anything else, and I was very glad to have the Tumi battery when we lost power twice this summer. I can't imagine getting the projector even if the price came way down because it doesn't interest me, but I know a couple of people who can't wait to get it. Different needs I guess!
    sangs likes this.
    08-30-2016 06:58 PM
    There might be a pretty decent market for mods. Keep in mind that:

A) Verizon sells a lot of phones, and the Z and Z Force are going to be among their most-pushed.
    B) Only the Force is Verizon exclusive (once the standard Z and Z Play launch soon)
    C) Lenovo will be pushing these phones a lot in markets other than the US
    D) Lenovo has indicated that future phone models will support the same mods

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little iffy on how the mods will do, but I do think they have a chance at being reasonably popular & successful.
    08-30-2016 09:33 PM
    The market for mods will hear up once the Z and Z Play are released to the general public.
    08-31-2016 07:52 AM