camera mod

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Played with the camera mod today. It's soft and shows substantial more noise than the Force camera. Maybe worth it outside in the sun for having the zoom. Maybe just needs software tweaks, but I don't recommend it. I'd post the picture, but it's of the inventory room at our store and I'd probably get in trouble.

Last edited:

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
$250 for additional zoom? No thanks. You can buy a crappy point and shoot for like $100 that would probably take better pictures.

As an overall rant, I think the price of all the mods should be under $100. Paying 1/3 the cost of a phone for something that will be used less than 1/3 of the time (probably) that you use the phone is ridiculous.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Played with the camera mod today. It's soft and shows substantial more noise than the Force camera. Maybe worth it outside in the sun for having the zoom. Maybe just needs software tweaks, but I don't recommend it. I'd post the picture, but it's of the inventory room at our store and I'd probably get in trouble.

It is available for purchase in stores?

ericf4

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
DAMN, i REALLY wanted this mod.......more than any of the others so far......How can they come to marlet with a ****ty experience like that....lame.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's not what I expected from HassleBlad. Oh well. Maybe Canon and Nikon makes something similar and uses a better sensor. Doubt Sony will make anything and take away from their smartphone business.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That's not what I expected from HassleBlad. Oh well. Maybe Canon and Nikon makes something similar and uses a better sensor. Doubt Sony will make anything and take away from their smartphone business.

Sounds like the only thing to hold against HassleBlad in this case is that they'd license their name to someone using such underwhelming hardware, since it sounds like they had little to do with the device itself.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I

This mod was on my list to get also. I'm not going to even look at it. Doesn't make any since to produce such a great mod and it not make the phone better or enhance user experience. Maybe they will mod this mod before too long lol

ericf4

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I

This mod was on my list to get also. I'm not going to even look at it. Doesn't make any since to produce such a great mod and it not make the phone better or enhance user experience. Maybe they will mod this mod before too long lol
It makes it worse. Hell all accounts I've seen the stock camera takes better pics. Maybe other than zoom. Hell with that. Hasselblad is a sell out. IMO they are crazy to ruin their reputation with a POS camera they didn't make and instead licensed their name. That's crazy

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It makes it worse. Hell all accounts I've seen the stock camera takes better pics. Maybe other than zoom. Hell with that. Hasselblad is a sell out. IMO they are crazy to ruin their reputation with a POS camera they didn't make and instead licensed their name. That's crazy

The stock does take better. I don't know why they didn't go with a bigger sensor and a wider aperture. If it was $50 more to have that it might have been a buy

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It was interesting in that review that the Z Play in their test shots fared better than the Z. Of course, it was a small sample size and not what they were testing.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Click the link, it's $230 on Amazon, Prime eligible. I believe it was more when first released, but now it can be found cheaper.

Oh yea that's the one with the 10x zoom. The quality on that one is very similar to the Hasselblad.

The QX100 is the one with the big sensor.

onedartech

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I've been using the camera mod for about 2 weeks and must say I am very happy with it. I find it performs much better with 3rd party camera apps such as camerlingo and zoom fx.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty