Moto Battery Mod and Turbo Charger

cbw5463

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I got the Moto Z Force recently and I really like it. I had a Droid 2 global followed by a Moto X (2nd gen). I find it hard to leave the moto stuff behind so I'm glad this phone feels familiar.

I was curious about the Moto Battery Mod. I would like to get one (I've seen Tumi mostly) but wanted to ask if it was meant to be on the phone at all times? I'm not sure if there would be any detrimental effects to leaving it on all the time.

I'm also wary of the turbo charger, I'm using it for now but I've always heard that quick charge stuff lowers the lifespan of your battery due to heat and all that. If anyone has any insight for me on any of this I would appreciate it, I think I may just be too cautious but wanted to be sure before I dropped some money on a mod or a new charger.

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I am just as cautious as you are, but either way you'll be fine. The turbo charger is the one that comes with the phone so I can't imagine the manufacturer putting out something that is detrimental to their own product.

As far as the battery mod is concerned, if the Force battery wasn't so good I would use it all the time. I first had the regular Z and was using the mod 24/7. It worked great, but even with that thin phone felt a tad heavy. With the Force it would definitely be a little heavy for me for use all the time. But it sure is nice to have around for when you might need it.

When I first shopped the Z phones the Moto rep was in the Verizon store. He said the battery mod on the phone 24/7 was absolutely fine.

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I've done research on this and leaving the battery mod on would probably actually help prolong the internal battery life. Batteries last longer when they have more incremental charges than a few long charges. The biggest killer to battery longevity is heat. By charging in shorter bursts, the battery doesn't heat up as much.

Having the battery mod on and set to 80% will effectively trickle charge your phone...keeping the heat level down.

Giomod44

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
How does the battery mod work ? Charging on a wireless charger does the mod charge first then charge the phone? is there a on off switch or its always charging the phone when connected until its dead?

thanks

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The phone charges first and then the mod thereafter. No, there is no switch - the mod kicks in automatically either right away (when the phone starts discharging from 100%) or when the phone battery gets to 80% (there is a setting for this). The 80% setting is supposed to extend the life of the Moto Mod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital